Transfer Time @ SXM

awluter

SBH Member
I have a Winair flight booked to depart SXM at 12:20pm. The schedule for my arriving flight (on American Airlines) has now changed, and I am scheduled to arrive at 11:30am.

Assuming it arrives on time (and I have carry-on bags only), is 50 minutes adequate time to get on the Winair flight? If I miss it, I assume they will put me on a later flight? If so, is there any advantage/reason to pay the fee to change my booking to a later flight?

Thanks!

When this has happened to us before, Winair has changed our flight for free. Forward them the email showing the airline changed your flight and they will likely move you to a later time.

This is for jgf711 too, My rule of thumb, never assume anything, especially with the airlines, weather etc. Since I am no longer in the business of making travel dreams come true, I don't know if this still exists, hopefully it does. 'It' being the minimum number of minutes required at each airport around the world for the various airlines. So suggest you take a look at Winair website for info, tho you have already gotten pointers from many who make this trip to paradise regularly & either DIY or use a whisk service to avoid the pitfalls. Happy travels !

I have a Winair flight booked to depart SXM at 12:20pm. The schedule for my arriving flight (on American Airlines) has now changed, and I am scheduled to arrive at 11:30am.

Assuming it arrives on time (and I have carry-on bags only), is 50 minutes adequate time to get on the Winair flight? If I miss it, I assume they will put me on a later flight? If so, is there any advantage/reason to pay the fee to change my booking to a later flight?

Thanks!

If you find a WinAir employee at or before transfer, offer them $40 and you're guaranteed to make the flight- works every time! Usually also have luck just walking up to the gate (post-security) and asking them to change me to a flight if I miss one or show up early. They are much better than SBH Commuter in this regard I've found.