Who else visits Ramona. A little spot that serves cold beer and good humor?

We stopped in on our last visit. Had a cold beer with her and she brought out pictures of Denise and I from many visits. Daughter of an owner of another bar. An older woman that was happy to see us and we hope we made a difference in her day. We also went to Le Select the next day. Had a beer and then met back up with friends.

That is correct. As in many families there was some conflict. We always stop at Le Select and Ramona's and don't ask questions; just enjoy a cold beer and hopefully make a little difference in an older woman's day.

Chez Ramona is well under the radar for most people, even a longtime resident who asked me “where’s that?”.

Proof…I will never stop learning. Now REMEMBERING what I learned is a whole other story.

Ramona Stakelborough?

I'm no more than slightly acquainted with Romona . . . and may have the wrong story. However, is her last name Stakelborough? That is, as I recall, she was the daughter of Marius' "wife," but not Marius. Perhaps she was adopted and/or simply used Stakelborough as her last name.