Who does this belong to?

Cwater

Senior Insider
Good morning St. Barth friends. I have noticed this yacht moving in and out of port constantly lately. Any info? Thanks FB448C5E-9228-4E3E-87A9-B2757A2CE26B.jpeg

I just checked MarineTraffic and I can't find a vessel that looks like that in port.

No. All about the testing method he's developing. Just a mention that he's docked in Gustavia. The title is just click bait.

It belongs to the person who recently developed what might be the most sophisticated at home test kit available called Detect. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, the test plus the "hub" which is separate and necessary. He and his family walked by me on their way to Shellona and I overheard him say, "Wow, I haven't been off the boat in three weeks." Evidentially, he has a lab on board. He has a matching tender as well.

Gene Machine has had that first spot for the past month or so, not Excellence V... Gene Machine also has that distinctive red stripe on the hull,
Excellence does not. I'll stick with Gene Machine.

It looks like Excellence V which is parked in that first space all the time

The previous owner has moved on from Excellence V, which was about the maximum size permitted to moor stern-to on the quay. His new yacht is Excellence, which with a length of 75-80m (depending on the source) exceeds “St Barth Size” and no longer fits on the quay. Excellence, when it is in port, is often moored closer to the commercial port.

The yacht at the beginning of this thread sure looks like Dream Machine to me, and I’ve seen it moored in the spot at the end of the quay where Excellenve V was sometimes moored for weeks if not months.

just curious: the maxed out yachts moored stern-to at the quay, do they require assistance from some sort of port auxiliary vessel to position themselves and tie up as well as to cast off and get underway ?

just curious: the maxed out yachts moored stern-to at the quay, do they require assistance from some sort of port auxiliary vessel to position themselves and tie up as well as to cast off and get underway ?

Backing into the quay and mooring is a maneuver that the yachts are skilled at, but they also need to set out bow anchors, which can require assistance. The anchors and chains are set at an angle from the bow. The anchor chains typically cross over the chains of the adjacent yachts. In Gustavia, assistance setting and retrieving the anchors, as well as untangling the chains, is often provided by a dive team on a little red boat named Kuka. They use skill, experience, muscle, and lift bags to do the job.