Question about info on Wimco's site

davesmom

Senior Insider
Bonjour! I was scanning as usual, the sites that give info on SBH entry (many are out of date) and saw this on the Wimco site:

• St Barts Covid testing Requirements:
    • All travelers 12 and older are required to provide a negative ANTIGEN result from a test taken no more than 24 hours prior to the time when you board the flight into St Barts.
    • Children under 12 are not required to provide test results, however it is a good idea to get tested when traveling.
We are scheduled to go to a clinic that does travel tests (they are an Urgent Care clinic also and is on the list for approved places for tests to Hawaii, which are very stringent), and they do not do Antigen tests; just RT-PCR tests, so we signed up for that to be taken 48 hours in advance.

Is SBH no longer permitting RT-PCR tests 48 hours in advance for entry? There is so much misinformation out there, even from the hotels, which should be right on top of the latest decrees by the French/SBH government, it is rather difficult to keep up:rolleyes:.

Any real info would be welcome; merci beaucoup!

Here is the info from Le Guanahani, which I hope is accurate, still:

VACCINATED TRAVELER REQUIREMENTS (not required for children of age 11 and under)

• An official proof of complete vaccination status
  • A negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test performed within two days prior to boarding. Alternatively, an antigen test within 24 hours prior to departure is also accepted

I believe The WIMCO information is correct. You must have a negative antigen or PCR test taken within 24 hours of your boarding flight to SBH in addition to proof of vaccination. This is new as of Dec 28 or so. They are no longer allowing PCR tests that are within 2 days as far as I have heard.

I checked the Tradewind website as well, and this is what it said:

ESTING REQUIREMENT TIMELINE
As of Tuesday, December 28th, 2021, the government of St Barths only accepts negative PCR or antigen tests taken within 24 hours before the departure flight to St Barths.
For example, if your flight to St Barths departs at 1:00pm, your negative test would need to be collected at 1:00pm or after on the previous day. See sample testing timeline below.
We highly recommend you purchase an approved home COVID-19 test, which can be taken online under the supervision of a technician to verify your identity and the results. We recommend the Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services (available in 2 packs, 3 packs, and 6 packs.)

• This product typically ships overnight, subject to delivery delays.
  • The current wait is 60 seconds for a representative to observe your test.
  • Once you are completed with your test, an encrypted email arrives within 15 minutes with your official test document, which can be shown at check-in or uploaded to VeriFLY.
TEST RESULTS DOCUMENT

• COVID test results should be typed and clearly specify the name of the laboratory, test subject name, date of birth, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained.
  • Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories/testing facilities will not be accepted. If your test result is in the form of a doctor’s letter or hand-written form, please contact the testing facility to obtain a proper lab document.
  • At-home tests are only accepted if it meets the following criteria:
    • Test must be a viral test (PCR or antigen)
    • Must include a telehealth service affiliated with the test that provides real-time supervision remotely.
    • Telehealth provider must confirm passenger’s identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedure, confirm the negative test result, and issue a report that meets the CDC’s Order.
    • Airline must be able to review and confirm passenger’s identity and test result.
  • Non-approved at home tests will not be acceptable for entry to St Barths.

WIMCO and Tradewind are correct based on current regulations. Davesmom, you might want to call the hotel and double check if they need to update their info...

WIMCO and Tradewind are correct based on current regulations. Davesmom, you might want to call the hotel and double check if they need to update their info...

Without intending to further confuse the situation . . . is there a time frame associated with the duration of this requirement? (For example, I think that the current curfew restrare scheduled to be lifted on January 28 — hoping that it will happen!)

Without intending to further confuse the situation . . . is there a time frame associated with the duration of this requirement? (For example, I think that the current curfew restrare scheduled to be lifted on January 28 — hoping that it will happen!)

I don't know if there is an expiration date to the testing regulations... anyone?

I just read this on us.france.fr
'Red' countries: active virus circulation and variants of concern. Afghanistan, Belarus, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Georgia, Mauritius, Malawi, Moldova, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Serbia, Suriname, Tanzania, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Vaccinated travellers from these countries must show proof of a negative PCR or lateral flow test result within the last 48 hours. Random tests may be carried out upon arrival at the point of entry.
Non-vaccinated travellers must show a compelling reason for travel and a negative PCR or lateral flow test result less than 48 hours old before departure. They will also need to take a lateral flow test on arrival and undergo a mandatory 10-day quarantine monitored by the authorities.

Hard to know what to believe. But if it is a 24 thing only, we have to reschedule and find a place to do it fast with our schedule
:eek:

Looking at testing on a Sunday...are these the right eMed tests? We can get tested in La Jolla at a clinic for about $300/pp. Not cheap but maybe will let us come..

[h=1]Abbott’s BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag At-Home Test Kit 6 Pack[/h]

• Z

6_Pack.jpg

• 9k=

Binax_NOW.jpg

• 2Q==

BinaxNOW_COVID-19_Ag_Card.jpg

svg xml;base64,PHN2ZyB3aWR0aD0iMzMiIGhlaWdodD0iMzIiIHZpZXdCb3g9IjAgMCAzMyAzMiIgZmlsbD0ibm9uZSIgeG1sbnM9Imh0dHA6Ly93d3cudzMub3JnLzIwMDAvc3ZnIj4KPHBhdGggZD0iTTYuODgzMzUgMjIuMDQyNUwxNi41MjAxIDExLjQzNjhMMjYuMTY2NSAyMi4wNDI1IiBzdHJva2U9ImJsYWNrIiBzdHJva2Utd2lkdGg9IjEuMDYyMDciIHN0cm9rZS1taXRlcmxpbWl0PSIxMCIgc3Ryb2tlLWxpbmVjYXA9InJvdW5kIiBzdHJva2UtbGluZWpvaW49InJvdW5kIi8 Cjwvc3ZnPgo=
    svg xml;base64,PHN2ZyB3aWR0aD0iMzMiIGhlaWdodD0iMzIiIHZpZXdCb3g9IjAgMCAzMyAzMiIgZmlsbD0ibm9uZSIgeG1sbnM9Imh0dHA6Ly93d3cudzMub3JnLzIwMDAvc3ZnIj4KPHBhdGggZD0iTTcuMjk4OTMgMTEuNDM2OEwxNi40NTM4IDIyLjA0MjVMMjUuNjE3OSAxMS40MzY4IiBzdHJva2U9ImJsYWNrIiBzdHJva2Utd2lkdGg9IjEuMDYyMDciIHN0cm9rZS1taXRlcmxpbWl0PSIxMCIgc3Ryb2tlLWxpbmVjYXA9InJvdW5kIiBzdHJva2UtbGluZWpvaW49InJvdW5kIi8 Cjwvc3ZnPgo=

2Q==

BinaxNOW_COVID-19_Ag_Card.jpg

Z

6_Pack.jpg

9k=

Binax_NOW.jpg

2Q==

Z

9k=

2Q==

The St Barth rules are not the same.
24 hours before getting on your final flight to the island seems to be the current yardstick.

Thank you, Ellen, and le_reve, for clarifying. :pray1: We just bit the bullet and booked the test in La Jolla for 4 PM for antigen testing on a Sunday (apparently you have to pay a premium:eyes-roll1:).
We are supposed to leave SXM on a 4 PM on a Monday flight if all goes well and on time. California time is 4 hours earlier than SBH, so we figure we are covered for SBH (it should be 8 PM Sunday in SBH when we get our test). If we are too late to SXM from MIA on Monday, we can't get over to SBH anyway, as flights only go until about 5:30 or so on Winair, unless worse comes to worst, we could charter if there were time and availability..so many unknowns:rolleyes:. For our antigen results they have it within 15 minutes, certificate of travel plus emailed results, etc. So that will be at least a legal test, time wise. It is almost impossible to get tested around here on a Sunday.

Oh well, one more day, one more problem solved. I think we might also purchase a pack of EMed tests over the EMed telehealth site to have them in case we get stuck in Miami or SXM..not sure what the next problem will be but at least we would be covered. Any thoughts on having them to do over the internet?

Thanks for all of your input and help..if this keeps up, I might have to get a place on the East Coast, just to get to SBH in one day:eyes-roll1:, but I doubt getting a test would be any easier from what my sister says about Florida...:( Stay healthy, everyone!! Flu, colds, and Covid around here seem to be rampant at this moment..

I long for the days when the most time sensitive task was when to book that perfect table. Until then I’m looking forward to a San Diego celebration in March :up:

Thank you, Phil. We agree with you, too! We would only do the telemedicine thing as back up. As I understand it, SXM does not even require a test to get in there; just the EHAS form, which we can fill out without a test, if I am understanding it correctly. I feel like this trip planning has been a more like a multi-ring circus, from one minute to the next. I know it will be all worth it when I step off that plane in Saint-Barth, though...as long as I hibernate until we depart so I can test negative:blush-smile:! Drinks with y'all when we get there for sure!!

I long for the days when the most time sensitive task was when to book that perfect table. Until then I’m looking forward to a San Diego celebration in March ��
Are you celebrating out here in March?? Definitely need to get in touch for that!! Send details!