Air Canada cancels flights to St. Maarten

JEK

Senior Insider
[h=1]Air Canada cancels flights to St. Maarten[/h]
ISLANDS 07 JANUARY 2022 [FONT=&quot][/FONT] HITS: 2328

aircanada-t_large.jpg
[FONT=&quot]AIRPORT--Air Canada will be suspending flights to St. Maarten and other sun destinations from January 24 until April 30, 2022. This in light of the current pandemic context, released the company on Wednesday, January 5.
Suspended destinations include Antigua, Aruba, Samaná, Curaçao, Exuma, Grenada, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, Bermuda, Grand Cayman, Havana, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St Maarten, and St. Kitts and Nevis.
This temporary suspension ensures that Canadians are not stranded abroad, states Air Canada’s website. The airline plans to return customers that are currently at any these destinations with a number of one-way commercial fights. Travellers who booked a flight to any of the suspended destinations will receive a full refund.
[/FONT]

Our WestJet flight to SXM on Thursday still seems like it’s a go! Fingers crossed that we can get there and kick back for a week. I’m really tired of lockdowns so even though it won’t be a “normal” trip to SBH, just escaping to a different environment than what we’ve seen in almost 2 years will be a welcome change!

Sheryl, will it be difficult for you and Rob to re-enter Canada?

We need a valid PCR test so I’m bringing kits from home that are supervised over video call with a telehealth representative (we did the same test before going to NYC last Dec). So as long as we both test negative we will have no issues. We are fully vaccinated AND boosted, I am bringing rapid tests with us, I have extended insurance, and we will be careful while on island.

We both feel that the rewards outweigh the risks.

Hope to at least wave to you and Phil! We’re staying in Lurin this trip.

Our neighborhood. Get here, get settled, and I am thinking we can hook up.

Safe travels.