St Martin EHAS form

BCEagle2020

Hi,

I need some advice for filling out this form. I can’t find it anywhere on how early can this form to be filled out? We arrive on SB on 1/18.

I took a peek at the app and there’s nothing on the 1st page that asks if your transit. It asks your arrival and departure from St Martin but it calculates the # of nights in St M. I’m our case it’s zero.

Any help is appreciated.
M

There are many experts on this site. Last July we filled it out within 24 hours of arriving in SMX. Not sure if that has changed. Comically on our way back, I was approved and Cheryl was not. Freak out started. My wife was comfortably hanging out on a beach chair at Jean Micheles I was racing back and forth to Villa Acajous to get the confirmation. It took two times yet it came back approved. Just put down that you are arriving in SMX. They do not care if you are in transit. Hope this helps. There will be others on this site smarter than I, giving you current info. See you on the beach
Hi,

I need some advice for filling out this form. I can’t find it anywhere on how early can this form to be filled out? We arrive on SB on 1/18.

I took a peek at the app and there’s nothing on the 1st page that asks if your transit. It asks your arrival and departure from St Martin but it calculates the # of nights in St M. I’m our case it’s zero.

Any help is appreciated.
M

There are many experts on this site. Last July we filled it out within 24 hours of arriving in SMX. Not sure if that has changed. Comically on our way back, I was approved and Cheryl was not. Freak out started. My wife was comfortably hanging out on a beach chair at Jean Micheles I was racing back and forth to Villa Acajous to get the confirmation. It took two times yet it came back approved. Just put down that you are arriving in SMX. They do not care if you are in transit. Hope this helps. There will be others on this site smarter than I, giving you current info. See you on the beach

To be clear: Do you mean SXM when you type SMX?

We just finally booked November and I haven't been on this site much lately.
As of now, knowing anything could change by November, do you need to fill out this form if you are just flying through SXM without staying any nights on the island?

Scott

To be clear: Do you mean SXM when you type SMX?

Yes, if you are transiting you still need to fill out the form. If it has not changed since we traveled to SBH via SXM in July 2021, you need to be sure they are aware you are transiting otherwise there is an additional requirement, I believe it to be medical insurance.

As far as when to fill it out, you cannot submit it until you get your COVID test results if they are required for your entry. If you are in the category that does not require a test, I would imagine 48-72 hours in advance of your departure.

Hi,

Any help is appreciated.
M
I also cannot figure when to send the EHAS form. I am going to try 48 hours see if that works as I do not have to wait for Covid test due to vaccination.

I can't remember the form exactly but there is a way to do it for sure (or at least was). IIRC we either had to put zero for the number of nights staying on St Maarten or put the same dates for arrival and departure or checked a box for "in transit" - I forget which way the form is set up. I want to say it might be all 3 and that we filled out the dates for arrival and departure with the same date and it showed nights on SXM as zero and then a box popped up for "in transit" and we checked it. Confusing but if you have it in front of you it should be easy.

Remember when filling out the form that your departure date is the day you leave SXM for SBH (same day as arrival) not the day you leave SXM to go home after your vacation. You will submit a new form to go home.

Great post. That is exactly what we did last visit.
I can't remember the form exactly but there is a way to do it for sure (or at least was). IIRC we either had to put zero for the number of nights staying on St Maarten or put the same dates for arrival and departure or checked a box for "in transit" - I forget which way the form is set up. I want to say it might be all 3 and that we filled out the dates for arrival and departure with the same date and it showed nights on SXM as zero and then a box popped up for "in transit" and we checked it. Confusing but if you have it in front of you it should be easy.

Remember when filling out the form that your departure date is the day you leave SXM for SBH (same day as arrival) not the day you leave SXM to go home after your vacation. You will submit a new form to go home.

Flying Monday 10 am to St Maarten, arriving 1.50 pm. My son and I applied today at 9.00 am. He got approval within 1.15 minutes. I did not get approval yet. I will wait and see what happens. Question: If I do not get approval in 2-3 hrs , do I fill the application from the beginning and submit the CC for $ 15 insurance again or should I email them with the email address they provide ??

Flying Monday 10 am to St Maarten, arriving 1.50 pm. My son and I applied today at 9.00 am. He got approval within 1.15 minutes. I did not get approval yet. I will wait and see what happens. Question: If I do not get approval in 2-3 hrs , do I fill the application from the beginning and submit the CC for $ 15 insurance again or should I email them with the email address they provide ??

Definitely don't email them, they will not reply. Worth just submitting again but I thought they weren't requiring insurance if you were not spending the night?

Definitely don't email them, they will not reply. Worth just submitting again but I thought they weren't requiring insurance if you were not spending the night?

I would say the exact opposite. definitely DO email them if you don't hear back, by hitting reply to one of their emails. they usually DO respond. sometimes they even give their phone number so you can chat to them on WhatsApp (I've done that a couple of times!)

they're human. sometimes they miss processing an application, especially on busy days... so as others have mentioned, re-applying does usually work.

I'm often filling in their HAS form for large groups of my family. I do them all myself (same phone and email address for all of them) to make sure I coordinate the whole family. I've done their HAS form over 100 times. it does go wrong sometimes. sometimes they refuse for the wrong reason. sometimes they miss an application. but usually it gets resolved, either by emailing them back, or, filling it in again. when you do talk to them they can't resurrect a failed application and they usually do tell you to re-apply.

their rules change quite often so sometimes an application fails for a new reason that the form didn't specify (check the requirements page as it updates often)

for instance, recently (on jan 1st) they changed it so that unvaccinated kids (our youngest is 6) are required a pcr test and not an antigen, but the form said an antigen was fine, which is what we submitted, only to have it refused several times. made all the more difficult because pcr tests are hard to get in st Barts, so the return trip transiting through sxm is difficult. in the future we're probably going to fly in and especially transiting out via sxm, via a different island because of the unreliability of getting timely pcr tests in St Barts.

Quick question. I applied for EHAS at 9.30 AM today, got it at 11.59 am. I was anxious so I applied again before I got the first one back at 11.55 and that got approved at 2 pm !! Now I have TWO ehas approvals. Does it matter ??

Quick question. I applied for EHAS at 9.30 AM today, got it at 11.59 am. I was anxious so I applied again before I got the first one back at 11.55 and that got approved at 2 pm !! Now I have TWO ehas approvals. Does it matter ??

nope doesn't matter. show the one of your choosing at checkin and arrival if they ask for it.

Jez we’re dealing the with under 12 and unvaccinated situation right now with our family. We fly out on a Monday back to the US and the Red Cross isn’t open on Sundays. Not to mention they say results take 24-28 hours.

We may have to cancel our trip because of a lack of PCR testing on the island.

Does anyone know if there is a private service to hire for PCR testing?

I find it interesting that there are such strict rules for those under 12 when transferring at the SXM airport only. Additionally, France only just approved the vaccine for those under 12 at the end December.