Fouquet's - worth it?

mgk5u

SBH Member
Heading back to St Barth - FINALLY - next week. Made reservations at all of our old favorites, and also at Fouquet's (the new Carl Gustav?). Has anyone eaten there? Thoughts?

Melissa

A winner. We are very pleased with our dinners and brunches there. The view..to die. Food and service…tops

Carl Gustaf was great for sunset drinks and the piano player. Fouquets was out of our budget. We went to Sante Fe for one dinner and two lunches and had great service and very good food and drinks.

We love Fouquets (though thought it better in 2020 than this post November). The view, food and service are all fantastic. We've gone twice each of our last two visits.

Carl Gustaf was great for sunset drinks and the piano player. Fouquets was out of our budget. We went to Sante Fe for one dinner and two lunches and had great service and very good food and drinks.
Good information.

You should do a trip report.

Ate there in December. Great Dover Sole. The portion could be shared by Two People. And the profiteroles were exquisite !!

And mashed potatoes with butter...recipe has equal amounts of each I think. So good!

Gram,
Having the great fortune to enjoy Fouquet's delicious DS with Amy (while the guys dined on steak) was a highlight of our trip. Those mashed potatoes melt in your mouth.
I know you will enjoy it as well!

mb

Gram,
Having the great fortune to enjoy Fouquet's delicious DS with Amy (while the guys dined on steak) was a highlight of our trip. Those mashed potatoes melt in your mouth.
I know you will enjoy it as well!

mb

Oh dang…just drooled on my laptop. :blush-smile:

I am attaching pictures. Sorry, I was very hungry. Took picture after I took a chunk out of it...

Attachments

• Dover Sole.jpg
    Dover Sole.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 522
  • Profiteroles.jpg
    Profiteroles.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 520
IMO potentially taking top spot on the island now. Had had Tamarin but thought it went slightly downhill right before Fouquets opened