Who can ever forget Paris?

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . and Ingrid Bergman, Humphrey Bogart, & Dooley Wilson in “Casablanca” — our annual NYE post-dinner viewing favorite! 997A7C62-44F6-4DDE-924C-A0CC9E9FBB3C.jpg

Casablanca is one of the few movies that I keep on my iPad for watching any and everywhere. For me, and for many, it is a timeless classic.

A Portrait of Jennie….1948
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Annie Hall
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Sting
Saturday Night Fever
Mrs Miniver
I Was A Male Warbride
Blazing Saddles

A few that I can see over again

I’m always looking for great films . . . what are others that you like, Ellen? We need a “movie night” on SBH!

I'll go with Amy on Annie Hall
I also like:
Lawrence Of Arabia
Pulp Fiction
Schindler's List
Rear Window
The Harder They Come
Amadeus
Hamilton (film of the B'way musical)
Citizen Kane
Singin' In The Rain
Clockwork Orange
Les Enfants de Paradis

French films:
almost anything by François Truffaut or Claude Rohmer

and yes, movie nights - great idea!

. . . aahhhhh! Great suggestions. Most already are on my list, though a few -- e.g., "A Portrait of Jennie" and "Hamilton" -- move to top of the list! Merci!

Did it for outdoor movie night at the beach a few years ago. Crowd fave.

Also? "To Catch a Thief". Grace Kelly. Swoon.

Did it for outdoor movie night at the beach a few years ago. Crowd fave. . . .

I can see it now! So many in the audience must have been calling out their favorite lines! “We’ll always have Paris!” “Round up the usual suspects.” “Play it, Sam.” “You’re lucky that your money’s good at the bar.” “Here’s looking at you, kid!” “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” What a fun beach night!

I can see it now! So many in the audience must have been calling out their favorite lines! “We’ll always have Paris!” “Round up the usual suspects.” “Play it, Sam.” “You’re lucky that your money’s good at the bar.” “Here’s looking at you, kid!” “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” What a fun beach night!

[h=2]"Of All The Gin Joints In All The Towns In All The World, She Walks Into Mine."[/h]

One of my favorite exchanges in Casablanca:

Yvonne: Where were you last night?
Rick: That's so long ago I don't remember.
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
Rick: I don't make plans that far in advance.

This thread deserves this clip, IMO.

”I’m shocked! Shocked! To find out that there’s gambling going on in here!” Such a great line . . . how could I have omitted it in an earlier post of memorable lines? Thanks for posting, John . . . the scene & it’s music never fail to stir passion in my soul.

An Officer and a Gentleman
North by Northwest

The Way We Were

Oh no..I am adding SABRINA.

And one can always watch THE GODFATHER. I do believe Phil has all parts memorized at this point.
and MOONSTRUCK works for me too.

HELLO DOLLY..."Money is like manure. It needs to be spread around to give young things a chance to grow..."