192 new Covid cases -12/20-12/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could delete his posts but it’s more fun to let people see what an ###**** he is.

Couldn't agree more! And Amery thank you for sharing your kind perspective. How blessed to have your dad into his 100s. I truly feel sorry for some of these folks who have no regard for the elderly and immune compromised and, as such, must lack the relationships that so many of us cherish. Happy New Year!!!!

Please tell us why anyone owes you this explanation. And please tell us what testing in the US has to do with the high case count in SBH.

It's just a conversation, no one owes me an explanation. And since you asked me for an explanation, one sentence later, I will go ahead and respond. The pandemic needs to transition from meaningless asymptomatic case counting, to what all endemic viruses in our history have gone to, which is protect yourself with all the tools available and move on with life. You and others can choose to keep your head in the sand regarding Covid, i choose to accept reality.

It's just a conversation, no one owes me an explanation. And since you asked me for an explanation, one sentence later, I will go ahead and respond. The pandemic needs to transition from meaningless asymptomatic case counting, to what all endemic viruses in our history have gone to, which is protect yourself with all the tools available and move on with life. You and others can choose to keep your head in the sand regarding Covid, i choose to accept reality.

We can treat it like an endemic when it becomes one. Unfortunately, the unvaccinated continue to cause hospital systems around the world to tinker on collapse, which then leads nations to impose these sorts of restrictions on the rest of us. In my home state of Maryland, Republican Governor Larry Hogan just declared a state of emergency because we're running out of hospital beds due to the Omicron surge hitting the unvaccinated so hard.

So long as the stability healthcare systems remains at risk globally, these sorts of measures will remain in place.

I 100% agree that we need to reach a point where we treat this the same as the common flu or a cold, but that can only be achieved when individuals choose to take responsible measures to not put unnecessary strain on healthcare networks.

I think now would be a good time for one of Amy's famous sunset pics from that lovely view in Lurin!!!

I think now would be a good time for one of Amy's famous sunset pics from that lovely view in Lurin!!!

I would think at least one of our moderators would have thought it time to move this thread to EE by now. Neither camp's POV is going to be swayed, and this just serves to enflame passions.

We can treat it like an endemic when it becomes one. Unfortunately, the unvaccinated continue to cause hospital systems around the world to tinker on collapse, which then leads nations to impose these sorts of restrictions on the rest of us. In my home state of Maryland, Republican Governor Larry Hogan just declared a state of emergency because we're running out of hospital beds due to the Omicron surge hitting the unvaccinated so hard.

So long as the stability healthcare systems remains at risk globally, these sorts of measures will remain in place.

I 100% agree that we need to reach a point where we treat this the same as the common flu or a cold, but that can only be achieved when individuals choose to take responsible measures to not put unnecessary strain on healthcare networks.

I don't mean this in an adversarial way, but do you ever ask yourself, why none of the restrictions that we have seen for nearly 2-years in the Northeast, have worked at all to slow Covid, or do we just keep doing it because the media and government keeps saying we should? Case in point none other than New York City. How are those laws, not allowing 5 year olds to eat without being vaccinated, working out with NYC setting world-record cases by the day? How are the masks working out with every single person in the New York City wearing one outside ? And your hospital beds are up in Maryland, etc., not because of Omicron, you never got Delta out of the way up there, like the south did in the Summer.

I don't mean this in an adversarial way, but do you ever ask yourself, why none of the restrictions that we have seen for nearly 2-years in the Northeast, have worked at all to slow Covid, or do we just keep doing it because the media and government keeps saying we should? Case in point none other than New York City. How are those laws, not allowing 5 year olds to eat without being vaccinated, working out with NYC setting world-record cases by the day? How are the masks working out with every single person in the New York City wearing one outside ? And your hospital beds are up in Maryland, etc., not because of Omicron, you never got Delta out of the way up there, like the south did in the Summer.

First, I think I need to clarify that I am not one to politicize science. I follow the guidance of the overwhelming consensus of healthcare experts who are aligned on this issue. If you choose to question whether the guidance from the vast majority of epidemiologists, virologists, and infectious disease experts around the world is part of some grand conspiracy so that "they" can make sure you can't eat with your friends at Arby's while not wearing a mask, I can't debate the issue with you anymore than I can debate the topic of global warming with a climate change denier.

If you want to crunch statistics, I encourage you to do so without cherry picking or conclusion shopping.

The attached link here supplies a live table of per capita mortality rates from COVID-19. While there are outliers based on where the virus first hit in the US during a period in the early weeks of the pandemic when treatment protocol was uncertain and resources were insufficient, the general theme up and down this chart is that states that had the most stringent protocols in place saved the most lives. Those that had the most lax protocols in place saw the highest fatality rates.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/country/united-states/

I follow the opinions and guidance of people qualified to have them. When 95% of doctors tell me I have cancer, I don't question whether it is some global conspiracy. When 95% of doctors tell me to stop smoking because it is bad for me, I don't spin their advice into some sort of polarizing political statement. When a doctor strongly suggests that I get a yellow fever vaccine and wear sufficient mosquito repellent when visiting certain countries, I blindly follow their advice. Why? Because I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter, nor paranoid enough to believe in vast global schemes involving millions of doctors to get me to look silly by wearing a face mask or to get me to have to get a COVID-19 vaccination or test.

If you believe you're qualified to offer expert guidance to contradict the overwhelming consensus built upon evidence from global healthcare leaders, please present your education background and credentials so we can begin having a far more detailed discussion where we can take such opinions more seriously than a YouTube video.

First, I think I need to clarify that I am not one to politicize science. I follow the guidance of the overwhelming consensus of healthcare experts who are aligned on this issue. If you choose to question whether the guidance from the vast majority of epidemiologists, virologists, and infectious disease experts around the world is part of some grand conspiracy so that "they" can make sure you can't eat with your friends at Arby's while not wearing a mask, I can't debate the issue with you anymore than I can debate the topic of global warming with a climate change denier.

If you want to crunch statistics, I encourage you to do so without cherry picking or conclusion shopping.

The attached link here supplies a live table of per capita mortality rates from COVID-19. While their are outliers based on where the virus first hit in the US during a period in the early weeks of the pandemic when treatment protocol was uncertain and resources were insufficient, the general theme up and down this chart is that states that had the most stringent protocols in place saved the most lives. Those that had the most lax protocols in place saw the highest fatality rates.

I follow the opinions and guidance of people qualified to have them. When 95% of doctors tell me I have cancer, I don't question whether it is some global conspiracy. When 95% of doctors tell me to stop smoking because it is bad for me, I don't spin their advice into some sort of polarizing political statement. When a doctor strongly suggests that I get a yellow fever vaccine and wear sufficient mosquito repellent when visiting certain countries, I blindly follow their advice. Why? Because I am not qualified to have an opinion on the matter, nor paranoid enough to believe in vast global schemes involving millions of doctors to get me to look silly by wearing a face mask or to get me to have to get a COVID-19 vaccination or test.

If you believe you're qualified to offer expert guidance to contradict the overwhelming consensus built upon evidence from global healthcare leaders, please present your education background and credentials so we can begin having a far more detailed discussion where we can take such opinions more seriously than a YouTube video.
Arbys. :biglaugh:

Instead of moving my thread about Covid in St Barts you should have parsed out or deleted the outlier’s posts. OR- make Cass a mod so he doesn’t have to tell you what to do. Other times threads were locked. And it didn’t help when you perpetuated the problem with this remark
A883C2E8-E2BF-4E13-9DBA-C795EC42BBBE.jpeg

Instead of moving my thread about Covid in St Barts you should have parsed out or deleted the outlier’s posts. OR- make Cass a mod so he doesn’t have to tell you what to do. Other times threads were locked. And it didn’t help when you perpetuated the problem with this remark
View attachment 60351
Andy,

im so tired of deleting wayward Covid posts.

this is a forum, by nature an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Some people have very different opinions than me or you or others.

I say let them reveal who they are and what they believe and let the readers judge them on the merits.

Sunsets and rainbows don’t Change the way people think.

IMHO.

The attached link here supplies a live table of per capita mortality rates from COVID-19. While there are outliers based on where the virus first hit in the US during a period in the early weeks of the pandemic when treatment protocol was uncertain and resources were insufficient, the general theme up and down this chart is that states that had the most stringent protocols in place saved the most lives. Those that had the most lax protocols in place saw the highest fatality rates.

Do you agree or disagree that vaccination requirements for 5 year olds and up, to eat a meal, has worked to help slow the spread of Covid, in Manhattan ?

Do you agree or disagree that cloth masks help slow the spread of Omicron ?

Do you agree of disagree that sitting in testing lines with 5,000 plus asymptomatic young people is working to slow the spread of Covid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.