Universal Clipboard - copy on your iPhone and paste on your Mac or iPad or . . .

JEK

Senior Insider
https://www.macworld.com/article/559916/how-to-universal-clipboard-iphone-mac.html

On your iPhone or iPad

To enable Universal Clipboard, you just have to turn on Handoff. To do that on your iPhone or iPad:

• Open Settings
  • Tap on General
  • Tap AirPlay & Handoff
  • Enable Handoff
With this turned on, Handoff features will work with any other Mac or iPad logged in to the same Apple ID, as long as it’s nearby (typically within a few feet).
handoff-iphone.jpg

On your Mac

Once Handoff is enabled on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll have to enable it on your Mac
, too.

• Open System Preferences
  • Open General
  • Enable the checkbox next to Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices

With Handoff enabled, you’ll get Univesal Clipboard as well as seeing new icons in your Dock for apps like Safari, Mail
, Maps, Calendar, and others when you have them open on your iPhone or iPad. Clicking on one of those icons will open that app to the same place or page as it is on your iPhone/iPad.
handoff-mac-settings.jpg

Supported Devices

Different Handoff features have different system requirements, which Apple lists here. But Universal Clipboard in particular is one of the best-supported features. All you need is:

• Any iPhone 5 or later or or iPad 4rd generation or later, running iOS/iPadOS 10 or later.
  • Any Mac from 2012 or later running macOS Sierra (10.12) or later.
In other words, almost any hardware from the last eight years, with software from the last five, will work.

One can copy anything on the iPhone and then paste it using a nearby Mac. The Apple clipboard in the cloud.

I am the opposite of an early adopter on types of these things. Should just go ahead and turn on the Handoff feature now in case I actually need it sometime in the future?!?! ;-) (Serious question)

Thank you! I'll do it.

Actually, as it turns out, my phone was already set to Handoff! The Mac is another story............I'll probably turn it back on in the next couple of months.