Which ferry service is overall more reliable? Voyager or Great Bay Express?

sjhbncool

SBH Member
Will be traveling to St. Barth in February 2022 from Saint Martin. I'd like to know which ferry service is historically / usually more reliable. On review sites for Voyager ferry I have seen many reviews noting that they cancel certain scheduled trips. Based on number of reviews on that topic it makes it sound like that happens somewhat frequently which obviously I or any other potential traveler would not want to happen. I have also read some of the same for Great Bay Express and I know they currently aren't operating due to temporary mechanical issues. Any insight on which service is more reliable and which is better to get to St. Barths would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I don't know which ferry is more reliable, but both have cancellations due to weather or mechanical failure. Big B did sea trials today, and will be back in service as of Monday.

One other thing to watch is if, in these days of COVID, different entry requirements are implemented for the Dutch-side ferry vs. the French-side ferry.