New covid test requirement?

SBHGal

SBH Member
259F08F3-9210-49E7-B9C9-FFBF708AF69E.jpeg

would this apply to vaccinated kids as well?

PRESS RELEASE Paris, December 24, 2021 Implementation of a test obligation for trips to overseas territories By a decree dated December 24, 2021, the all passengers traveling to overseas territories will be required to present a negative, PCR or antigenic test for less than 24 hours upon boarding. This obligation comes into effect on Tuesday, December 28. It applies for travel from France as from all foreign countries. This measure is necessary in order to protect the overseas territories from the new epidemic wave under the effect of the Omicron variant and to limit the circulation of the virus in the context of a strong resumption of contaminations in France. Find online the press release Press contacts Press service of Sébastien Lecornu, Minister of Overseas Territories Mel memeresseutre mer.ft Press service of Olivier Véran, Minister of Solidarity and Health

What’s confusing is the 24 hours vs. 1 day. Our flight leaves at 4 pm, but no way I can find a test at this point after 4 pm on Monday!

Can anyone clarify this language from the press release..."It applies for travel from France as from all foreign countries". Does this mean just travelers from France or everywhere? If everywhere, I might be wrong on this but I don't know of a PCR test that is a turnaround time of 24 hours or less

Can anyone clarify this language from the press release..."It applies for travel from France as from all foreign countries". Does this mean just travelers from France or everywhere? If everywhere, I might be wrong on this but I don't know of a PCR test that is a turnaround time of 24 hours or less
Just do rapid antigen. Not sure why anyone would bother with PCR if testing for travel only. Results in as little as 30 minutes. Right now finding a test by me is very difficult, but if you are travelling and have the luxury of knowing ahead of time when you need to get tested it's much easier to schedule with a CVS or similar a couple of weeks out.

So to be clear, the 24 hour rapid antigen test is now acceptable for entry into St Maarten for transit to Saint Barts and entry to Saint Barts, correct?

So to be clear, the 24 hour rapid antigen test is now acceptable for entry into St Maarten for transit to Saint Barts and entry to Saint Barts, correct?

Yes, according to my understanding of the recent announcements. If you want a definitive answer than reach out to the airline(s) which you’ll be flying. At the end of the day, it is their understanding of the entry requirements which will determine whether or not they will carry you.

And as of January 1, 2022, if you are coming from USA/CANADA and Full Vaccinated AND Boosted, you do not need to upload any Antigen or PCR Result to your EHAS Application to enter St Maarten.

Our biggest problem that I foresee is how can we get a 24 hour in advance test if we are flying overnight SAN-MIA with about a 4 hr. layover and then the next morning MIA-SXM-SBH? We are good to SXM if all is on time from a test on Sunday (and it looks like you do not even need a test for SXM-for now..) but not sure we can get a test after 5 PM on a Sunday to leave Sunday night, arrive in SBH Monday late afternoon??:eyes-roll1: I looked into getting a test in MIA airport after a test at home to get us through 24 hrs. (not sure if it is calendar day or 24 hrs. measured) but you have to go outside of security and we heard it is a mad house in MIA and you are not even sure of having a chance at testing there. Maybe the E-test thing might work...but they look pretty busy. Oh well, it is a month from now and all heck could break loose between now and then..or not..hopefully DD will soon test negative, which I guess is the first order of business...just waiting a bit to give him more time. But his antibodies must be amazing now!:blush-smile:

And as of January 1, 2022, if you are coming from USA/CANADA and Full Vaccinated AND Boosted, you do not need to upload any Antigen or PCR Result to your EHAS Application to enter St Maarten.
Quite awesome! One less thing to worry about at the moment!

Does San Juan have a rapid testing option? We are flying from Chicago to San Juan, staying overnight in San Juan, and departing for SBH in the morning (Tradewind). Not sure how we can accomplish the 24-Hr testing requirement, unless we can test when we get to San Juan.

When do you leave? There is testing at the airport but looks like it says 24-48 hrs. The emed tests might be the best option. That is what we are doing since we can’t get any appts.

When do you leave? There is testing at the airport but looks like it says 24-48 hrs. The emed tests might be the best option. That is what we are doing since we can’t get any appts.

We get into San Juan around 4 pm, and leave San Juan at 11:25 am. I’ll have to look at eMed in more detail.

We recently overnighted in San Juan
Got rapid test Friday morning at home base...
Flew to SBH next morning from SJU on Tradewind

We recently overnighted in San Juan
Got rapid test Friday morning at home base...
Flew to SBH next morning from SJU on Tradewind

This is our concern - we leave from Green Bay at 6 am, connect to Chicago, and then to San Juan. How can we test before 6 am?? A long day of travel doesn’t lend itself to 24-Hr testing unfortunately.