SXM Entry Requirements to Tighten as of January 1, 2022

read the last line of your quote. it DOES say rt-pcr test required (if unvaccinated, ie most kids under 12!). why are you saying that it doesn't say that?

I think you noted "nor can adults who havn't had a booster."
fully vaccinated 18 yrs. and older without booster shot: 48 hrs. rt-PCR or 24 hr. Ag test required.
that looks like pcr or antigen test, unless I am reading it incorrectly.

can't tell you about kids...

it's all very confusing...

Sauce, you ask? No thank you. Sauce on the side will be fine.

SOURCE..a different question entirely.

More SAUCE on SAUCE

Sauce, often used in all caps along with "ZOMG," "OMG" and "PLZ," is a slang version of the word "source" frequently seen online. It is used, usually in a pleading tone, as a request to someone who posted a claim, picture or anything that raises interest but is unsourced or lacking information. Its goal is to prove it, confirm it or see more from the initial content. Sauce shares some similarities to Moar and Bump as a request for elaboration, additional content or the original source.

read the last line of your quote. it DOES say rt-pcr test required (if unvaccinated, ie most kids under 12!). why are you implying that it doesn't say that? I said specifically when referring to kids. most young kids are not vaccinated, and these new sxm rules insist on a 48 hour pcr, which is near impossible to get in St Barts on any day, and certainly not on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays.

Most countries have not authorised vaccines for the under 12's. its also questionable from a medical point of view (as the UK vaccine regulator decided. the risk/reward ratio for kids under 12 doesn't warrant a vaccination)

also, where in st Barts can you get a pcr test within the required 48 hours? the Red Cross doesn't do pcr tests every day, and quotes 48 hours for result. So you can't comply with this unless you get the pcr test earlier than they quote, which won't be compliant.

my fam travelled on jan 3rd from sbh transiting through sxm and on to our final destination. the Red Cross wasn't doing pcr tests on jan 1st (national holiday) nor on jan 2nd (a Sunday) so we weren't able to do pcr tests anywhere in St Barts for our kids (under 12) as per the new rules. we did do antigen tests and they thankfully let us in (despite telling us they wouldn't!), but they were bending the rules, as we officially weren't compliant with their new rules.

Which Antigen tests did they allow for you/other adults?

More SAUCE on SAUCE

Sauce, often used in all caps along with "ZOMG," "OMG" and "PLZ," is a slang version of the word "source" frequently seen online. It is used, usually in a pleading tone, as a request to someone who posted a claim, picture or anything that raises interest but is unsourced or lacking information. Its goal is to prove it, confirm it or see more from the initial content. Sauce shares some similarities to Moar and Bump as a request for elaboration, additional content or the original source.

I’ve learned something new today! #winning
:up:

any legitimate antigen test, and is certified by a medical professional - that contains all your personal details - will probably comply with the rules. home tests that are unsupervised and have no professional certificate are not accepted.

reminder. although sxm doesn't require fully vaccinated and boosted adults to have a test to transit through, most likely your final destination (uk, usa etc) will require such a pre-departure test anyway.

Urban dictionary seems to suggest sauce for source is typically in a rather specialized register. Not seeming related to this context. But, who knows.

Border in to st Barths is closing on the 15th January 100%

There are a number of ways this (my guess) opinion could have presented.

1) this is my first post ever, and I don’t mean to sound alarmist, but rumor has it that….

2) I am Bruno’s best friend, and he told me that….

3) Emmanuel and I had dinner the other night, and he told me that….

4) I have no corroborating information or reliable source, but thought I’d make this alarming statement, on a forum for SBH visitors, guests and some residents, some of whom may have a personal or immediate need or interest in accurate reporting, for fun….

5) other

Deb, d’accord.

So many rumors and so much unknown or unconfirmed. These certainly are times that try travelers’ souls

Just returned to the US from St. Barts yesterday (still crying) and we transited through SXM. Thought it would be valuable to share that our telemedicine supervised at home test results were accepted by EHAS. We used Qured (main selling point was that you could schedule the call time in advance vs. Binance Now which I believe you just queue for) and the results they send you after they verify your test were very legitimate and included most of the items stated as required on the EHAS website. Really convenient option for testing from the comfort of your hotel or villa that I would definitely recommend (especially when we needed to take our tests on a Sunday). Had a backup plan to run to the pharmacy the morning of our flight it if didn't work but it did!

Just returned to the US from St. Barts yesterday (still crying) and we transited through SXM. Thought it would be valuable to share that our telemedicine supervised at home test results were accepted by EHAS. We used Qured (main selling point was that you could schedule the call time in advance vs. Binance Now which I believe you just queue for) and the results they send you after they verify your test were very legitimate and included most of the items stated as required on the EHAS website. Really convenient option for testing from the comfort of your hotel or villa that I would definitely recommend (especially when we needed to take our tests on a Sunday). Had a backup plan to run to the pharmacy the morning of our flight it if didn't work but it did!

To make things better, we got the approvals right before dessert at Fouquets!

Surprised to hear you needed to upload test results on the EHAS to transit through SXM?

Surprised to hear you needed to upload test results on the EHAS to transit through SXM?

Every country is considered "high risk" now by St. Martin standards so if you have not been boosted, need to submit a test in both directions unfortunately.

Every country is considered "high risk" now by St. Martin standards so if you have not been boosted, need to submit a test in both directions unfortunately.

That doesn’t make sense. I know of people completing their EHAS form 72 hours in advance, with no test, and no problem with approval….for transit.

1. All non- fully vaccinated, are required to have a negative Covid-19 test in accordance with the required type of test. For the age category of 5 up to 10 years, an oropharyngeal swab will also be accepted.