Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PCR TEST REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE ENTERING THE USA AS OF 12/6/21

PCR TEST REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE ENTERING THE USA AS OF 12/6/21

Are PCR tests available on SBH? If so can you provide contact information for the same? Everyone entering USA must now have a no older than 24 hour PCR negative test when entering.

SBH Member Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 248

Re: PCR TEST REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE ENTERING THE USA AS OF 12/6/21

Can't imagine the stress of only 24 hours to get a test back before your flight. When I was there in July there was wiggle room in getting it back and when you needed to go test. eeeshh.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,872

Antigen tests are acceptable.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,315

Quote Originally Posted by sls12249@yahoo.com View Post
    Are PCR tests available on SBH? If so can you provide contact information for the same? Everyone entering USA must now have a no older than 24 hour PCR negative test when entering.
    I don’t think the requirement is for a PCR test.

This from the WIMCO blog on protocols

Travel news updates for December, 2021:

• TSA extends the “mask mandate” through March 18, 2022. This means that all travelers are required to wear masks in all airports and in all airplanes through March 18, 2022.
    • Travelers entering the US are required to present a negative covid test (antigen or pcr) taken no more than 24 hoursprior to arrival. Effective December 6, 2021.
    • The World Health Organization (WHO) and FDA agree that a person is “FULLY vaccinated” once 14 days have passed since their second shot (for two shot vaccines). In the case of a one shot vaccine, 21 days need to have passed for a traveler to be considered “fully vaccinated.

• St Barts Vaccination Requirements:
      • All travelers 18 and older are required to provide proof of full vaccination (CDC card) to enter St Barts.
      • Travelers under 18 are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
      • Unvaccinated travelers 18 and older will not be permitted to enter St Barts.

• St Barts Covid testing Requirements:
      • All travelers 12 and older are required to provide a negative test result (PCR or Antigen are accepted, taken 3 days or 2 days prior to arrival respectively).
      • Children under 12 are not required to provide test results, however it is a good idea to get tested when traveling.
      • For advice on how best to plan for testing, read covid test scheduling tips.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 11,577

The CDC card is assuming you are American or were vaxxed in the US:

• All travelers 18 and older are required to provide proof of full vaccination (CDC card) to enter St Barts.

some of us do not have CDC cards, as we were not vaccinated in the US....

Yes, WIMCO is very American-centric

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 8,021

Is that American “fully vaxxed” or French “fully vaxxed” ?
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

SBH Member Joined: Mar 2003 Denver Colorado Posts: 268

from Tradewind’s today. 1 day testing not 24 hours. As Kevin said a while back More flexibility with 1 day

For travel December 6, 2021 or after, all passengers, regardless of their vaccination status, must present a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 1 day of their flight. Visit our
    COVID-19 Travel Advisories Page for details.

• from CDC website today
    • If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

This Abbott test is easy antigen you do yourself with a proctor. Must be with a proctor to be eligible for Travel back to states.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

and to confuse the issue the Tradewind site has different info than WIMCO...

Wimco also mentions 72 hours 48 hours. Not the current 2 - 3 day rules

SBH Insider Joined: Dec 2005 CT Posts: 1,207

Quote Originally Posted by elgreaux View Post
    The CDC card is assuming you are American or were vaxxed in the US:

some of us do not have CDC cards, as we were not vaccinated in the US....
    Had not even realized that my vax card says CDC right on it (duh). Some of us (vaccinated in the US) transferred the card to our apple wallet, with the gogetdoc app. Looking at that now, in my "wallet," and there is no indication it is from the CDC (although there is a square scan, so maybe it's embedded there).

So one question is if the "vaxyes" documents in our wallets will be sufficient or if we will need to actually show the card. More important, since I have options, is, Ellen, if you were to scan your fax confirmation into that app, if that would be satisfactory vs a CDC card.

Quote Originally Posted by debd View Post
    Had not even realized that my vax card says CDC right on it (duh). Some of us (vaccinated in the US) transferred the card to our apple wallet, with the gogetdoc app. Looking at that now, in my "wallet," and there is no indication it is from the CDC (although there is a square scan, so maybe it's embedded there).

So one question is if the "vaxyes" documents in our wallets will be sufficient or if we will need to actually show the card. More important, since I have options, is, Ellen, if you were to scan your fax confirmation into that app, if that would be satisfactory vs a CDC card.
    We use a different app called #Tous AntiCovid, which has its own "wallet" and our vax forms with QR codes are there.. when we went to Esprit the other night, they scanned our QR codes. I also have a French vax card and Rosemond has a print out of his double vaxxes.. we are ready for boosters...

SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 75

Quote Originally Posted by debd View Post

I would suggest keeping a photo of your CDC card on your phone. We brought actual cards and also kept photos on phones. I started out carrying the cards, then realized showing photos was acceptable for airlines and restaurants. I also have gogetdoc but didn't use it so can't speak to whether it is accepted. I would think it would be since it has a QR code. If flying through SXM you have to upload photos of vaccine cards for EHAS form so we only had to show cards (or photos) to SBC on the way in and Jet Blue on the way out. We also needed vaccine cards for testing at the red cross tents as they input dates of last vaccine and booster just before administering the test. Again, we used our photos. I'm not sure if you need them for pharmacy tests as we have only used the tents.

If only we in the US had a National health passport where all our vaccinations could be officially recorded.

So the rule for unvaccinated with a compelling reason to be on the island, is no longer an option ?

Quote Originally Posted by TR561 View Post
    So the rule for unvaccinated with a compelling reason to be on the island, is no longer an option ?

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    I'm fully vaccinated, getting my 5th shot next week. I'm just curious if that was dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by TR561 View Post
    I'm fully vaccinated, getting my 5th shot next week. I'm just curious if that was dropped...

this seems to be the current regulation for non-vaxxed people:

Persons with Test Only Must Have a Motivated Reason to Enter St Barthelemy

• St Barthelemy resident returning home
    • Person who is legally employed on St Barthelemy
    • Medical Appointment with documentation

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2008 NYC, Nice Posts: 1,766

Quote Originally Posted by sls12249@yahoo.com View Post
    I just returned from France. Ran around Nice trying to find an antigen test within 24 hours of the flight... took 3 hours to do that. No-one, I mean not one soul requested to see the results..... what the heck.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 28,849

That is crazy…you poor kid!

Welcome home. Take a deep breath, have some wine, be kind to yourself.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2009 Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 302

I just returned from the island Monday, Dec 6th via SXM. All we had to do was go to the pharmacy the day before next to ZION in St. Jean (no line at all) and get our 40 Euro Rapid Test (Antigen). We walked across to Le Piment and had a morning drink and within 20 minutes our results were printed and ready. We then uploaded into VeriFly App and we were finished. As for CDC card we only had to present our photos of it a few times at some hotels for lunch.

Weather was bliss and so was the island. Trip #53 in the books. Back in 2023 sometime.

PS - the new Marche U is fantastic and the roads on the island keep getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    We walked across to Le Piment and had a morning drink . . .
    we like to have the first 'ti punch of the day around 10h30 when in proper vacay mode

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    we like to have the first 'ti punch of the day around 10h30 when in proper vacay mode
    I like mine around 11h00, when Marius would usally roll in . . .

Name:  IMG_2094.jpeg
Views: 415
Size:  1.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by elgreaux View Post

this seems to be the current regulation for non-vaxxed people:

Persons with Test Only Must Have a Motivated Reason to Enter St Barthelemy

• St Barthelemy resident returning home
    • Person who is legally employed on St Barthelemy
    • Medical Appointment with documentation
    on island friends say engaging in real estate endeavors can be added to those three qualifiers for motifs impérieux.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2005 Cambridge, MA Posts: 7,629

Quote Originally Posted by pascaleschmidt View Post
    I just returned from France. Ran around Nice trying to find an antigen test within 24 hours of the flight... took 3 hours to do that. No-one, I mean not one soul requested to see the results..... what the heck.
    Your airline didn't ask for the results? We couldn't check into our flights home to the US and get a boarding pass without verifying the results. I think once you do that, you are clear and there's no need for anybody to ask for results.
    Liberté, Égalité, Sororité

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2005 Cambridge, MA Posts: 7,629

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I just returned from the island Monday, Dec 6th via SXM. All we had to do was go to the pharmacy the day before next to ZION in St. Jean (no line at all) and get our 40 Euro Rapid Test (Antigen). We walked across to Le Piment and had a morning drink and within 20 minutes our results were printed and ready. We then uploaded into VeriFly App and we were finished. As for CDC card we only had to present our photos of it a few times at some hotels for lunch.

Weather was bliss and so was the island. Trip #53 in the books. Back in 2023 sometime.

PS - the new Marche U is fantastic and the roads on the island keep getting better and better.
    Good to know that pharmacy is cheaper... We paid 50 euros/person x 5 people at the pharmacy across from the airport.
    Liberté, Égalité, Sororité

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2009 Nantucket - St. Barth's Posts: 1,214

When I just booked a Tradewind ticketing for incoming on Tuesday morning I was told via their lovely representative "PCR test within 72 hours and Antigen test within 48 hours". Need one of those and vaccination card.
    "Like" Us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/nantucketcatering