PCR TEST REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE ENTERING THE USA AS OF 12/6/21

I'm fully vaccinated, getting my 5th shot next week. I'm just curious if that was dropped...

this seems to be the current regulation for non-vaxxed people:

Persons with Test Only Must Have a Motivated Reason to Enter St Barthelemy

• St Barthelemy resident returning home
  • Person who is legally employed on St Barthelemy
  • Medical Appointment with documentation

Are PCR tests available on SBH? If so can you provide contact information for the same? Everyone entering USA must now have a no older than 24 hour PCR negative test when entering.

I just returned from France. Ran around Nice trying to find an antigen test within 24 hours of the flight... took 3 hours to do that. No-one, I mean not one soul requested to see the results..... what the heck.

That is crazy…you poor kid!

Welcome home. Take a deep breath, have some wine, be kind to yourself.

I just returned from the island Monday, Dec 6th via SXM. All we had to do was go to the pharmacy the day before next to ZION in St. Jean (no line at all) and get our 40 Euro Rapid Test (Antigen). We walked across to Le Piment and had a morning drink and within 20 minutes our results were printed and ready. We then uploaded into VeriFly App and we were finished. As for CDC card we only had to present our photos of it a few times at some hotels for lunch.

Weather was bliss and so was the island. Trip #53 in the books. Back in 2023 sometime.

PS - the new Marche U is fantastic and the roads on the island keep getting better and better.

:up: we like to have the first 'ti punch of the day around 10h30 when in proper vacay mode :cool:

I like mine around 11h00, when Marius would usally roll in . . .

IMG_2094.jpeg

this seems to be the current regulation for non-vaxxed people:

Persons with Test Only Must Have a Motivated Reason to Enter St Barthelemy

• St Barthelemy resident returning home
  • Person who is legally employed on St Barthelemy
  • Medical Appointment with documentation

on island friends say engaging in real estate endeavors can be added to those three qualifiers for motifs impérieux.

I just returned from France. Ran around Nice trying to find an antigen test within 24 hours of the flight... took 3 hours to do that. No-one, I mean not one soul requested to see the results..... what the heck.

Your airline didn't ask for the results? We couldn't check into our flights home to the US and get a boarding pass without verifying the results. I think once you do that, you are clear and there's no need for anybody to ask for results.

I just returned from the island Monday, Dec 6th via SXM. All we had to do was go to the pharmacy the day before next to ZION in St. Jean (no line at all) and get our 40 Euro Rapid Test (Antigen). We walked across to Le Piment and had a morning drink and within 20 minutes our results were printed and ready. We then uploaded into VeriFly App and we were finished. As for CDC card we only had to present our photos of it a few times at some hotels for lunch.

Weather was bliss and so was the island. Trip #53 in the books. Back in 2023 sometime.

PS - the new Marche U is fantastic and the roads on the island keep getting better and better.

Good to know that pharmacy is cheaper... We paid 50 euros/person x 5 people at the pharmacy across from the airport.

When I just booked a Tradewind ticketing for incoming on Tuesday morning I was told via their lovely representative "PCR test within 72 hours and Antigen test within 48 hours". Need one of those and vaccination card.

So that's the same as when we traveled for Thanksgiving. Perhaps somebody should change the title of this thread since it's inaccurate.

Sounds like that all worked out well for you. Nice. I was trying to remember why I had not added the VeriFly app, but was reminded, when I looked it up today, that not all airlines participate in the program, unfortunately.

Your airline didn't ask for the results? We couldn't check into our flights home to the US and get a boarding pass without verifying the results. I think once you do that, you are clear and there's no need for anybody to ask for results.

Jeanette, no one not one person asked for the test results. I was flying Air France.

Wow, that is so disturbing. So we are letting in hundreds of people on a plane from a Level 4 country without verifying test results. I'm sorry it was so stressful for you to find a test, but I am thankful that you did.

United and JetBlue were diligent in getting negative covid test results from all of us.

Jeanette it is a messy situation with a messy lack of systems implementation. Air France can’t possibly be responsible for implementing another country’s edicts overnight. US carriers are held to a higher standard. This to shall pass.

Re: TEST REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE ENTERING THE USA AS OF 12/6/21

On our return from SBH in early December, we were required to fill out the Attestation form sent to us in an email link by Tradewind. After sending it, we heard nothing more about it.

For COVID testing, we did a proctored Antigen test at our villa using eMed, and we both tested Negative. eMail results from one test were received within minutes. A few hours later, after still not receiving the second test, I called Customer Support. A successful re-send of the eMail was received within minutes, while Customer Support stayed on the phone.

Both eMed emails contained a PDF of our individual test results, but I had no in-villa access to a printer. I did a screenshot of both PDFs, and saved them as photos. St Barth Services (SBS), Tradewind's Ground Agent on St Barth, wanted to see both our CDC Vaccination Cards, and the screenshot of our Antigen tests. To their credit, unlike many other places who just wanted a piece of paper flashed at them, SBS actually looked at what I presented.

Jeanette it is a messy situation with a messy lack of systems implementation. Air France can’t possibly be responsible for implementing another country’s edicts overnight. US carriers are held to a higher standard. This to shall pass.

John, COVID testing requirements to fly into the US are not new - they were implemented eight months ago. The only thing that changed is 3 days to 1 day because of omicron. Air France had eight months to implement this. Something doesn't sound right and it seems negligent that we are letting in flights from level 4 countries without testing.

We flew internationally in April and both our airline and the departing airport asked for test results.