Could This Be Some Kind of a Record ?

cassidain

Senior Insider
264579911_10158018571431315_4127536528990468141_n-2.jpg

I screamed over to Cheryl from the kitchen to the living room. “Can you imagine how much Gypse is charging for New Years Eve? She screamed back “$1000.” That’s why we are married. We will celebrate New Years with stuff from Eataly NYC. Happy Holidays to our friends in St. Barth and see you on on the beach.
Walk, don’t run!

I had sticker shock when I read this ad and yelled to Phil. He did not come close guessing 450.

My first thought was what next? And I thought I heard Dave Berry whisper in my mind $17,000!

Expensive if you only think about the food & drink. But, consider that there’ll be a fortune teller there, as well . . . plus performers & a fire show. Now it begins to make sense! LOL!

Expensive if you only think about the food & drink. But, consider that there’ll be a fortune teller there, as well . . . plus performers & a fire show. Now it begins to make sense! LOL!
Plus, the salmon is "centre cut"...you can't put a price on that!

How much truffle goes on the pasta?:wink2: I am willing to donate my caviar, though..

But if you seriously think about going to a big city restaurant of extremely high quality, just dinner can be half that with no wine. Sounds like a 300E dinner with a 700E view...I would not mind having that view on New Year's some day! Luckily, everyone usually brings their own wine to restos in California and just pays corkage...we save a lot of $$ that way. (Note: ALWAYS SHARE your wine with the sommelier and waiters.) I am not sure how it works in SBH or other places to bring your own wine.

BTW, Eataly is super fun! I have been to the NY one and had a great time. We have one up in L.A. and the choices are amazing. My friend (a really good friend!) brought me a pistachio Panettone from there to kick off the holiday season so I can highly recommend that for your New Year's celebration, Cwater! I'd prefer that over caviar!

Pistachio added to my list. Thanks!
How much truffle goes on the pasta?:wink2: I am willing to donate my caviar, though..

But if you seriously think about going to a big city restaurant of extremely high quality, just dinner can be half that with no wine. Sounds like a 300E dinner with a 700E view...I would not mind having that view on New Year's some day! Luckily, everyone usually brings their own wine to restos in California and just pays corkage...we save a lot of $$ that way. (Note: ALWAYS SHARE your wine with the sommelier and waiters.) I am not sure how it works in SBH or other places to bring your own wine.

BTW, Eataly is super fun! I have been to the NY one and had a great time. We have one up in L.A. and the choices are amazing. My friend (a really good friend!) brought me a pistachio Panettone from there to kick off the holiday season so I can highly recommend that for your New Year's celebration, Cwater! I'd prefer that over caviar!