Restos23 Final

KevinS

Senior Insider
As we get closer to high season, more of us are traveling this year. I don't usually put out a preliminary Resto List update this early, but I think that it is time to do so.

On my recent visit to SBH I found that there are many kitchens who wanted just one more person on their staff, and many restaurants who wanted just one more person on their waitstaff. With both front and back of the house being short-staffed, I found more changes in days/hours on restaurant times than I'm used to, but hours are getting back to normal.

Please let me know if you find any errors on the list. I'm sure that there are more than a few.

With thanks to TERP37, the most recent person to prompt me to publish even a preliminary list, here is Restos23.

Attachments

• restos23.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 477
Re: Restos23 Preliminary

Another magnificent list and effort by Kevin! I’m old enough to remember how Tim T. launched this effort with a simple question.

Merci, Kevin, for all of your efforts on putting this list together, as well as for the time you invest in the maintenance of the Resto list. It is worth its weight in gold and it is greatly appreciated and used by us all!!

Gayle

Freaking amazing list, Kevin! I printed it immediately and it makes fabulous reading. Smiles assured and it will engender lots of "research"! Merci beaucoup from DM and DD!!

Great list, Kevin.. here is a cute little place in Gustavia with take out and a few stools inside or small tables outside for informal meals..food is good there.

Chef's XO
https://www.chefsxo.com/en/home/

Thanks Ellen!

I'm not sure why I don't already have Chefs X. O. on the list. They've been around since 2017, maybe even 2016. Their daily specials can be found in Andy's daily menu updates, or on FB at https://www.facebook.com/chefsxo/

Here is their Specials Menu for last Friday:

Catering Chefs X.O. proposes as a suggestion
Friday December 3:

* Daily Specials:
11 € - Duck stew and Sarladaise
- Snapper in parsley and crushed pumpkin
* Snack Of The Day:

6 € - Cod accras
* Dessert Of The Day:

€ 4.50 - Exotic Tiramisu

For those who don't know them, Chefs X.O. is located on Rue Jeanne D'Arc on La Pointe, on the left, just after Kinugawa, and next to Quintessence Pizza.

Me, for those daily specials, I would have ordered the Duck. I have Duck on my mind ever since a recent Duck Leg Confit experience at Le Repaire, I can't find a restaurant near me which features Duck, but I can find food purveyors who are happy to sell me a Duck Leg, and I can take it from there.

Apologies.

Editing error on my part.

The updated list is now linked from the first post in this thread.

Got it!!-TY so much Kevin-always appreciate you keeping us up to date!-Merry Christmas to you and your family!1-see you on the island Jan 8,2022!!

The final Restos23 is almost ready. I have one more editing pass to make, some Changes notes to write, and it will be completed. For now, the latest preliminary version has been updated into the first post in this thread.

Thanks Kevin! This is very timely as my wife and I are scheduled to arrive this Saturday for a two week visit. Fingers crossed.

Aww, Kevin. By George you've done it again. Thanks in advance for the latest update.

Many thanks as always, Kevin
I always bring a printed copy with me when I go. I love using this for the "closed" days. Really helps me to set up which days I want to go to which resto and plan out ahead or even same day for reservations. Also it helps me with the restaurants at the hotels since I incorrectly always refer to them by the hotel names

Little typo: Heiko St Barth Gustravia

the saddest part of the list was Maya's and Maya's to go crossed out :sad1:

Thanks so much for the list. I will use it to plan for my 3 week trip in March. What happened to mayas? I ate there on my first trip in 1989 and have always wanted to go back.