Trip Report EWR-SJU-SBH November 27 - December 02

Detigi98

SBH Insider
Flew on November 27 EWR-SJU-SBH. We took Antigen Test Thanksgiving Day , Nov 25 with results in 20 Minutes. United to San Juan arrived on time, were met by Tradewind VIP Service and whisked to lounge within 15 minutes. Took Flight at 4.00 PM into SBH and yes, there were many in the Lounge. After renting our car, we checked in to our favorite Pearl Beach Hotel. Evening Dinner at Pearl Beach. Menu changed and their Lobster Spaghetti flambeed in Rhum was quite Tasty. The Chicken Milanese as well. Next day, stayed at the Hotel and went to Bonito at Night. Great Service , slightly overpriced but great Truffle Salad, Amazing Mahi Mahi and good scene. On Monday we went to Carl Gustav for Dinner. I must say, this was the best meal we had on the Island. Their Wahoo Ceviche was very good. My wife had the Angus Beef and I had the Dover Sole. Great Presentation and very very tasty. For desert it was suggested that we try the Profiterol. It was fresh, quite a large portion and to die for. I am glad that the Menu is curated by Pierre Gagnaire.

Tuesday night we went to my Wife's favorite Restaurant, Tamarin. The Food was good but I noticed that the Restaurant changed hands. Still, not bad. Great location.

Wednesday we had lunch at Cheval Blanc. The Hotel got a nice upgrade. Service and Food was very good.

Wednesday afternoon we took our Antigen Test at 4.00 PM at the Airport Pharmacy. Within 20-25 minutes we had our results. Our Final night was at L'Esprit. Their Tuna Tartare was very very good. So was the Lamb cooked 3 ways.

The next day, we took Tradewind at 2.25 PM back to SJU and then to EWR. Used the Priority Pass to go into the Lounge in Terminal C. Long flight back to EWR and back Home.

In all the restaurants we went to , we were asked for our Vaccination Card, whether we were seated indoors or outdoors. We showed our EXcelsior Pass and it always was accepted.

The Island is quite safe, Covid 19 Protocols are properly followed.

I want to Thank this Forum for all the valuable Tips that you share. You make our trip to the Island a breeze.

Thank you for letting us know what you experienced and that the forum guidelines were so helpful. I hope you have your next trip here planned as this one flew.

Informative & gracious report . . . thank you for sharing your experiences & appreciation in every aspect of the trip.

Wonderful trip reports and we are grateful for your contributions! L'Esprit is my favorite, too! Hope your trip fulfilled all your dreams!

Wonderful trip reports and we are grateful for your contributions! L'Esprit is my favorite, too! Hope your trip fulfilled all your dreams!

St Barths is our favorite Island. We come once-twice a year since 2009. We are very disappointed that Maya is Closed. We are looking forward to the reopening of the New Maya. I heard it may be Lebanese Cuisine. By the way, the highlight of the Trip was seeing Dora on the Beach !! We hugged and kissed.
The Food on the Island has become better, more sophisticated. Covid 19 Protocols are observed quite nicely. Last year in November we did not feel safe on the Island ( and then all hell broke lose ) but this time, I think it has become the safest Island in the Caribbean.

I know that some Moderators write about other Restaurants and we look forward to going to them , in the near future.

And YES we do fulfill our dreams every year and come for more, each time !!