PCR Test For Entry into SBH

Doctin

SBH Insider
Wow, lots of info out there. We are monitoring the sites to stay up to date. We just want to make sure we are doing this right and want some clarity on which PCR is needed.

We are coming to SBH from US through SXM on Wednesday December 8. We are fully vaccinated and boostered.

1) The PCR test that needs to be done 3 days in advance - can it be the rapid ones from a health facility that take minutes to get the results (meaning we could do the test the day before we leave for SBH) or do we need to take the ones that take 3 days for the results to come back?

We understand the EHAS process for entering SXM and also the 1 day testing requirement to head back to US.

Thanks.

Matt and Tina

PCR test is different from “rapid” test. Latter is known as an “antigen test.” I believe that the antigen test is sufficient for entry into SBH at this time. It’s a matter, however, that can change any day . . . especially with countries making changes to their travel requirements as a result of concerns about the new Omicron Covid variant.

Thanks CEC1. Can anyone who just went through confirm the "rapid" test is fine? It appears so, just want to lock it down and then continue to monitor sites. Per Wimco the window is 48 hours now for the test to enter SBH.

A 48-hour Antigen test is sufficient for SBH, assuming that you are vaccinated.

I used the proctored eMed.com version of the Abbott BinaxNOW Antigen self-test both going and coming. (Not the drugstore version, the eMed version.) It requires a good internet connection, and sometimes a 2nd pair of hands helps to get the phone/tablet properly oriented, but it works. Tradewind accepted printed test results going, and electronic copies returning.

There’s one more hoop on your return. You’ll get an email from your US airline prior to your return, with a link to an electronic Attestation which now needs to be completed. It’s long, but for vaccinated travelers, it’s all of 2 checkboxes and an e-signature.

Kevin, is that Attestation about a return PCR test one day in advance? Do you have to have results from your return to the US test for that document? I had not heard about the airline email. Thank you for the heads up.We have to fly overnight to MIA which shortens our PCR outbound window, too.

The Attestation is an attestation that you are vaccinated. The airline is responsible for collecting that information. Here's a link to the form, which is out of date as it references 3-day testing. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/combined-passenger-attestation-p.pdf

It's unlikely that you're going to find a 1-day PCR test on SBH. What you will find is an Antigen test, either from the the Red Cross test site or from a pharmacy. I know that the airport pharmacy is used by many, and I'm told that the St Jean pharmacy near Zion is doing them too. I'm sure that the Guanahani could arrange Antigen testing for you, perhaps by having you visit a doctor, or arranging for a nurse to come to the hotel.

My husband and I are traveling to St Barth next Wednesday. Our local Walgreens is only offering Abbott’s newer ID Now test, which is a rapid molecular diagnostics test. While it is touted to be more accurate than their rapid antigen test, we are told by Wimco, that currently only a 72 PCR OR 48 hour Antigen test are valid for entry into St Barth. Just wanted to alert people that all rapid tests are not considered the same, so need to verify the type

For all four tests (2 each x twice) we waited no more than a minute for a proctor, and the same after the 15-minute waiting time while the test actually did its thing.

Curious if anyone has addressed issue off what happens if you test positive 24 hours prior to return to States from SBH (which will prevent return)- i.e. utility of purchasing travel insurance to cover expense of extending time on SBH for requisite 10 day quarantine. I believe Travelwick International offers trip delay insurance with a 7000- cap which will cover COVID delay..expensive but perhaps worthwhile

Came in with a one day Antigen test into SBH. All was fine. Return test was One day before at Pharmacy across the Airport. In 20 minutes that was done as well.

D29B8A34-F3F7-420A-BC12-99136DB6C523.jpg

Came in with a one day Antigen test into SBH. All was fine. Return test was One day before at Pharmacy across the Airport. In 20 minutes that was done as well.
Thank you for this info. It is a little more difficult for us as we have to travel overnight to get to SBH, so I don' t think we can get an antigen test 1 day before. But thank you to the SBH pharmacies for staying open to help tourists return to their countries! It is a big stress reliever.