Which Hotel?

awluter

SBH Member
I'm planning my first trip to the island (with my wife) for March of 2022. Browsing these forums has been very helpful, and after reading numerous threads/reviews, I think I've narrowed my options (based on price/availability) to the following: Le Village, Villa Marie, Salines Garden. What would be your recommendation between these 3? I'm leaning toward Le Village or Salines Garden as they seem more centrally located (though I'm not sure how important that is if I will have a car). Also, Salines Garden is significantly less than half the cost of the other two, but feedback on it seems positive.

Thanks for any guidance/information that you can provide!

I've only stayed in Le Village, but I've loved it every time. They have a great breakfast, a nice pool with a great view of St. Jean Bay and super close and walkable to a lot of restaurants and shops, and St Jean Beach of course. Being able to walk to the beach for dinner, and walk the beach at night is a bonus that I've only done while staying at Le Village.

I've looked at Salines Garden but I've always wondered if there were enough breezes over there to keep the bugs at bay and just to cool things down. I don't know if that's actually the case though, just a feeling I have from somewhere.

Like Bart, I've only stayed at Le Village and would do so again.

Great view, even though I had a "garden view" room on the first floor.

Wonderful ownership. Cool dog, if he's still around.

The walk UP the hill from St Jean is not easy but if you are in decent shape and not wearing heels, totally doable.

The pool is great and was never crowded when we stayed there which was over XMass/NYE.

Stayed at Le Village for our typical single pre-villa night. Stayed in the one bedroom apartment. Nice, but wouldn't do it for an extended stay. The other options look much roomier. Definitely centrally located. Not familiar with Saline Gardens, but isn't it off the beaten path?

I'm planning my first trip to the island (with my wife) for March of 2022. Browsing these forums has been very helpful, and after reading numerous threads/reviews, I think I've narrowed my options (based on price/availability) to the following: Le Village, Villa Marie, Salines Garden. What would be your recommendation between these 3? I'm leaning toward Le Village or Salines Garden as they seem more centrally located (though I'm not sure how important that is if I will have a car). Also, Salines Garden is significantly less than half the cost of the other two, but feedback on it seems positive.

Thanks for any guidance/information that you can provide!

Villa Marie is our choice for a beautiful bugalow by the pool attached to one of the finest restaurants on the island. Great walking from the hotel to Colombier and the drive back into "town" is delightful.

As the former owner of a small St. Barths hotel, no longer operating, I have to observe that the price differential between the three places that you’ve identified should give you a good clue about them. Each has allure, but the rates reveal everything about what each offers. As JEK suggests, Villa Marie is trés stylish, intimate, & quietly refined . . . a table by the pool is one of my favorite luncheon venues. Saline Gardens offers comfortable, attractive accommodations in a quiet, serene garden setting, very close by to beautiful Saline Beach. Le Village, as the name suggests, is very much a French village-like ambiance, with cheerful, bright rooms, cottages, & spacious villas, graciously sprinkled amongst picturesque gardens with breathtaking panoramic island views. The places named range from “price is no object” to “SBH budget.” Depending on your expectations of the St. Barths dream, you won’t go wrong with any of them.