Attempt at trip report

Koops

SBH Member
Well, we are not Big posters on the site, but maybe time to start since it’s only our 4th trip here. Newbie’s maybe. It’s our honeymoon trip delayed from the obvious world issues. Arrived via Tradewinds Saturday before noon to give us an early start as opposed to the usual 6:00 arrival time from St Maarten. Being married to a chef and with what is available in the grocery here, saves us a bit and it also excites her palate to go out which we did on our 1st night here. We dined at Eddy’s, foie gras for starters, out of this world & goat cheese samosas. I’ve had the curry goat before & this was better this time, the wife had the Mahi-Mahi. This place is really a mainstay, love the place & most likely will visit again before the week is up. Day 1 is in the books. Andra & Tim

We also had our honeymoon on SBH, it was our first time. Congratulations! Being it's your 4th time, you get it! :)

Nice first report! Can’t beat Eddy’s for the first night on island! We will look forward to more reports as your trip continues. Cheers!

It’s been a great couple days since our original post. Quickly I’ll recap some stuff & get into more detail tomorrow. Like I said earlier, I’m married to a chef and her joy is shopping at the Marche… more so then shopping in Gustavia…. Yes… you heard that right. I must say I’m a very lucky guy. Ate in the last 2 nights & for the first time on the island we barbecued. The charcoal is very different & I thought it would never actually light and be usable. What a pleasant surprise, it’s awesome. Hung out at the pool Sunday & St Jean beach today….. what’s with the traffic, ouch. We are reserved for the Sand Bar Wednesday afternoon. I’ll let you know what’s on the menu tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback, nobody back in Illinois really cares or even really knows about this place… but you do.

I lay claim to this quote: “The best dinner in Saint Barth is a lunch at Sand Bar”

Cheryl and I have not had lunch there however parking across from Pearl and the walk down the beach, toes in sand, for dinner is one of the great experiences of life.

Trying to turn it right side up to no avail. My heat is not working in my house, the repair person is downstairs banging on the boiler…winter in Long Island. Can someone please help out? Thanks

24592501-1D69-4BDD-80A6-F94E57501C90.png

Oh my. I had flashbacks to Hurricane Sandy. I feel your pain and hope all is in order shortly. Layer up and stay safe.
Amy

Oh my. I had flashbacks to Hurricane Sandy. I feel your pain and hope all is in order shortly. Layer up and stay safe.
Amy
Lovely picture! Best of luck with speedy return of heat. Hurricane Sandy makes me think of our late friend Peter Mahler.