Beach restaurant in Lorient?

andynap

Senior Insider
Screenshot_20211128-065000_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-064941_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-064749_Facebook.jpg

Does « pointe ouest de la plage de Lorient » conform with service station?
sounds like autour du rocher location ???

I think it could also mean the Western end of the beach where the gas station is. I don't think you could call autour du rocher a beach location. With a new gas station being built across from Oasis, the current spot would definitively be available.

Phil

I’m told that the location is where the ER pop-up was after Irma, and that it will be the beach restaurant for the new Tropical Hotel.

I’m told that the location is where the ER pop-up was after Irma, and that it will be the beach restaurant for the new Tropical Hotel.

I typed that this am about the ER pop up and forgot to post it. The Tropical sure isn’t what it used to be

I typed that this am about the ER pop up and forgot to post it. The Tropical sure isn’t what it used to be

So you were Kevin’s source? You know he can see unposted replies as a moderator.

The Tropical has been rebuilt as a larger hotel, with a larger restaurant. I think that the hotel is soft-open now, but the restaurant is still hotel guests only.

My sources are on-island.

The Tropical Hotel a few weeks back was still under construction and there was no restaurant open...our villa was just up the hill and we walked past it every morning on our walk... looks like major renovation happening

So, I’m a bit confused. Tropical is in Saint-Jean, right?
But, not on beach ?
So, they will have a remote beach resto à la Villa Marie? And, remote resto will be on Lorient beach ? But, not really on the pointe ?

So, I’m a bit confused. Tropical is in Saint-Jean, right?
But, not on beach ?
So, they will have a remote beach resto à la Villa Marie? And, remote resto will be on Lorient beach ? But, not really on the pointe ?

That is what I am told. And that section of Lorient Beach isn’t the best for swimming.

from today's Le Journal:

UN RESTAURANT DE PLAGE À LORIENT
Aux habitants de Lorient qui s’inquiétaient de ne pas avoir le privilège de bénéfi- cier d’un restaurant de plage, la Collectivité apporte des nouvelles ras- surantes. En effet, un per- mis de construire a été accordé le 22 novembre par le Conseil exécutif à la société SC Management pour la construction d’un restaurant de plage et d’un « hébergement ponctuel de cinquième catégorie ». Le tout sur une surface de 1931 mètres carrés à la pointe Ouest de l’anse de Lorient. Une décision vali- dée par les six membres du Conseil. Un autre restau- rant de plage verra égale- ment le jour dans un avenir proche, non pas à Lorient mais à Ti Saint-Jean, entre le Nikki Beach et le Gyp Sea.

Is this news that there will be a new restaurant de plage on St-Jean beach ?

from today's Le Journal:

UN RESTAURANT DE PLAGE À LORIENT
Aux habitants de Lorient qui s’inquiétaient de ne pas avoir le privilège de bénéfi- cier d’un restaurant de plage, la Collectivité apporte des nouvelles ras- surantes. En effet, un per- mis de construire a été accordé le 22 novembre par le Conseil exécutif à la société SC Management pour la construction d’un restaurant de plage et d’un « hébergement ponctuel de cinquième catégorie ». Le tout sur une surface de 1931 mètres carrés à la pointe Ouest de l’anse de Lorient. Une décision vali- dée par les six membres du Conseil. Un autre restau- rant de plage verra égale- ment le jour dans un avenir proche, non pas à Lorient mais à Ti Saint-Jean, entre le Nikki Beach et le Gyp Sea.

Is this news that there will be a new restaurant de plage on St-Jean beach ?

I think that it’s referencing a long-rumored plan for a restaurant to be opened by former owners of Le Tamarin. 2022 - 2023 season opening is what I’ve heard. As in “Casablanca,” however, rumors abound on St. Barths!

This newest article from Le Journal speaks of two restaurants, the future restaurant in Lorient which is discussed in this thread, and a second future restaurant in St Jean by the former Tamarin owners.

What I don't understand from the article is "un « hébergement ponctuel de cinquième catégorie »".