Happy Birthday, Monsieur Veuve Clicquot, aka KevinS!

Thanks all! It was a great birthday.

The restaurant in question was the Rooftop at L’Atelier Joël Robuchon. The table was perhaps the best in the house. The service was impeccable. My main was a Veal Chop to remember, the best that I’ve ever had, presented pre-sliced in a Staub Cocotte with roasted vegetables and smoking Rosemary. With, of course, Robuchon Mashed Potatoes on the side. The GM visited our table three times, and brought the Executive Chef out of the kitchen to talk when I raved about the Veal Chop. It was not my first visit to a Robuchon restaurant, but I’ve never been treated better.

The wine was a 2004 Chassagne-Montrachet, Clos Saint-Jean 1er Cru, Domaine Michel Niellon. (I think that I pillaged well, lol.)

Thanks all! It was a great birthday.

The restaurant in question was the Rooftop at L’Atelier Joël Robuchon. The table was perhaps the best in the house. The service was impeccable. My main was a Veal Chop to remember, the best that I’ve ever had, presented pre-sliced in a Staub Cocotte with roasted vegetables and smoking Rosemary. With, of course, Robuchon Mashed Potatoes on the side. The GM visited our table three times, and brought the Executive Chef out of the kitchen to talk when I raved about the Veal Chop. It was not my first visit to a Robuchon restaurant, but I’ve never been treated better.

The wine was a 2004 Chassagne-Montrachet, Clos Saint-Jean 1er Cru, Domaine Michel Niellon. (I think that I pillaged well, lol.)

Exquisite! and memorable!

So glad that your birthday meal was so special and your service superb. A dining experience to remember for sure.

Let the record reflect that I called the venue correctly! That 2004 Chassagne-Montrachet was well pillaged! A memorable meal.