Mobile Phone Issues

ksanders8706

Greetings! I'm currently visiting your fine island from the States. My iphone receives service through Verizon Wireless, and I've paid for the daily TravelPass that should, in theory, allow me to receive texts, calls, and limited data during my stay. Problem is, ever since leaving St. Maarten, I've been unable to get ANY service in SBH. I had a two hour chat session with Verizon via wifi at my villa but they largely concluded it seems like a local network issue versus a Verizon issue.

Does ANYONE have Verizon wireless with TravelPass? If so, how on earth do I connect to the local cellular network!? I can "connect" to both Digicel and F-Orange, but nether provide any service (as in no texts received or sent, calls will not complete, and data does not work). ANY help would be appreciated, as I'd love to use my phone to send pics and look at menus while out and about.

Thanks so much!

I'm sure this was covered in your Verizon chat, but do you have Cellular data ON and Cellular Data options set to Roaming On?

Another tip

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.10.50 AM.jpg

We have Verizon and have had no issues with our phones on the island. Calls, texts, data all working. We do the monthly plan. Randy forgets what, but there something he didn’t like about the daily plan.

We had trouble with Verizon over the summer. Had to turn phones off then back on to get the Travel Pass to work on two of them. Would work for a day or two, then had to “reset” again.