Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: Booster Required

  1. #1
    cassidain is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,926

    Booster Required

    « As of November 10, 6,632 people have received their first injection, 5,727 people have received their second injection and 110 people have received their third injection. » Kevin’s post in locked thread.

    "A compter du 15 décembre, le pass sanitaire pour les plus de 65 ans ne sera plus actif si le rappel n'a pas été fait dans un délai de sept mois après l'infection ou après la dernière injection. Et à compter du 15 janvier ce pass sanitaire de tous les autres publics, c'est-à-dire les Français âgés de 18 à 64 ans, ne sera plus actif si le rappel n'a pas été fait dans ce délai qui reste inchangé de sept mois après la dernière injection", a-t-il déclaré devant la presse. » Minister of Health

    Starting 12/15 those 65+ require booster (third shot with Pfizer/Moderna) within seven months of previous shot or no pass sanitaire. Ditto starting 1/15/22 for all others.

    And only 110 have received third shot at present ?


    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  2. #2
    primo is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Mar 2003 Denver Colorado Posts: 264

    Re: Booster Required

    good for them!
    Bprimomo@aol.com

    if you want rainbows You have to put up with the rain

  3. #3
    cassidain is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,926

    Re: Booster Required

    So, Kevin, if 5,700 « fully vaccinated » (2 injections) approx 5,000 currently don’t have pass sanitaire?
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  4. #4
    KevinS is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 21,660

    Re: Booster Required

    Your math is about right. If the island population is about 10,000 then maybe closer to 4,000 without a PS than 5,000, but a significant number.

  5. #5
    TR561 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 206

    Re: Booster Required

    When will you be required to have had a 4th shot ?

  6. #6
    cassidain is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,926

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by TR561 View Post
    When will you be required to have had a 4th shot ?
    i believe 6 or 7 months after third
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  7. #7
    cassidain is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,926

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
    Your math is about right. If the island population is about 10,000 then maybe closer to 4,000 without a PS than 5,000, but a significant number.
    0A66D48A-5AA7-4399-98E4-EF82A22FB584.jpg

    i had thought a bit higher
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  8. #8
    TR561 is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 206

    Re: Booster Required

    Are all of the restaurants currently requiring vaccination cards to enter?

  9. #9
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,561

    Re: Booster Required

    I think Amy reported, some are and some aren't . . .
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  10. #10
    Amery is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 69

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by TR561 View Post
    Are all of the restaurants currently requiring vaccination cards to enter?
    Yes it is mixed. I can only tell you where we have been:
    L’isoletta no
    Le Sereno no
    Toiny beach club no
    Ti Corail no
    Petite Plage yes
    L’il Rock yes
    And they accept photos of your card.
    Hope this helps!

  11. #11
    cec1 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,190

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by Amery View Post
    Yes it is mixed. I can only tell you where we have been:
    L’isoletta no
    Le Sereno no
    Toiny beach club no
    Ti Corail no
    Petite Plage yes
    L’il Rock yes
    And they accept photos of your card.
    Hope this helps!
    My recent experience was that there was someone at the entrance of each of the following hotels who checked vax cards before I could pass to the respective hotel restaurants:
    Carl Gustaf
    Le Guanahani
    Le Sereno
    Le Barthelemy

    Hosts in non-hotel restaurant venues seemed to remember from my August / September visits that I previously had shown vax info.

  12. #12
    marybeth is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,614

    Re: Booster Required

    We were asked for it at the Quarter cocktail place (name?) last night and at Santa Fe today. David took pics of the card on our phones and said the authorities (who?) are checking.

  13. #13

    Re: Booster Required

    That 4th booster you are talking about may undergo a complete revamp if they don't get this under control fast.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59418127

  14. #14
    Koops is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jan 2016 Chicago/DeKalb Illinois Posts: 52

    Re: Booster Required

    Photo of the vac card, sounds like a great idea, wouldn’t want to loose it before departure… which of course causes another issue

  15. #15
    marybeth is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,614

    Re: Booster Required

    Take a photo and store on the web as well as your phone. We also brought a few printed copies. Keeping the originals with our passports.

  16. #16
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,561

    Re: Booster Required

    On an iPhone you can create a Notes file with your government id and vaccination card. Add Notes to the Control Center (swipe down right upper corner) and one can access the Note without unlocking the iPhone Control Center is great for Airplane Mode, Volume, Brightness and many other functions.

    IMG_6324.jpeg

    IMG_6326.png
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  17. #17
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,561
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  18. #18
    cec1 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,190

    Re: Booster Required

    An unfortunate name, in the circumstances: “Dr Devil.”

  19. #19
    shihadehs is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2012 Posts: 1,055

    Re: Booster Required

    We were never asked for any proof of vaccination anywhere when we were there few weeks ago. Never...
    Steve and Aimee

  20. #20
    amyb is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 28,647

    Re: Booster Required

    Last night we were asked for our proof of vaccination at L’Esprit. They took a picture of each of our QR codes and we will not have to do this procedure each time we dine there..they have it!

    FYI..the room was filled and there were more servers and runners and bus people than last visit. Still plenty of help wanted ads in the papers.

    The meal was fantastic. A new menu was offered. Starters were Tuna tartar for me and duck spring rolls for Phil. We each had wonderful wagyu beef with dauphine potatoes and vegetables. And for dessert a chocolate and peanut soufflé with chocolate ice cream was worth the 15 wait (our waitress Rosina recommended it and told us it took time to prepare.). Glad I listened. Phil enjoyed his tiramisu.

    Chef Jean-Claude Dufour was on top of his game as was Christophe, Herve and the entire team.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

  21. #21
    cassidain is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,926

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    3E1E043E-0E74-427E-85DC-BE20BAB74912.jpg
    « health professionals can offer a first injection or a reminder… »
    Rappel is often a reminder as incorrectly translated here, but in this instance rappel was an injection de rappel. In other words, a booster shot.
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  22. #22
    KevinS is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 21,660

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    An unfortunate name, in the circumstances: “Dr Devil.”
    Facebook’s translations are often unfortunate. That would be Dr. Diab.

  23. #23
    Izzy is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 923

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    An unfortunate name, in the circumstances: “Dr Devil.”

    image0-2.jpeg

    "These four colored engravings from 1609 by Johann Gelle after the design of Egbert van Panderen tell the waxing and waning reputation of the physician from the eye of the patient. Depending on the stage of illness, the doctor is viewed as god, angel, man, or worse, devil. Four central figures personify the physician, each surrounded by background narratives of sickness and healing. Latin verses accompany each scene.

    On the upper left, the physician embodies a god, omniscient and omnipotent in dealing with the sick. As the Latin describes, death is knocking at the door of this home, and thankfully the doctor has arrived. The small scene on the right shows the doctor wearing black, inspecting the scalp of the patient clearly displaying bulbous wounds, possibly alluding to the plague. The family of the male patient scurries about the elegant home, attending to the needs of the patriarch and physician. The doctor arrives in time to save the patient, thus lauded as god. In the second engraving on the right, the patient is better and has escaped death. He now views the doctor as an angel, no longer as a saviour-like god but still on a high level. The angel offers a vessel, likely the palliative cure administered to his patient, who rests in the canopied green bed.

    On the lower register, the doctor’s role begins to diminish. The patient is now convalescing, feeling better, and the physician now appears a mere mortal. He is portrayed as a man, if not a bit of a charlatan, dressed in finery. The fourth engraving shows a recovered patient, hence the doctor asks for payment. Now the doctor sinks to the level of devil. Thus, Van Panderen has recorded a glimpse into society’s perception of the physician, and his role and reputation in the Renaissance."(Doctors as angels and devils. Sally Metzler)

    I think most physicians (as well as nurses and other health care workers) would say that these varying perceptions apply past the Renaissance and in settings beyond those in the description...

  24. #24
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,561

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
    Facebook’s translations are often unfortunate. That would be Dr. Diab.
    But without that poor translation we would not have enjoyed our Izzy lesson of the day. Always a treat and mostly musical. Does he have a YT clip on disease?
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  25. #25
    Cwater is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 884

    Re: Booster Required

    Mouth watering!
    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Last night we were asked for our proof of vaccination at L’Esprit. They took a picture of each of our QR codes and we will not have to do this procedure each time we dine there..they have it!

    FYI..the room was filled and there were more servers and runners and bus people than last visit. Still plenty of help wanted ads in the papers.

    The meal was fantastic. A new menu was offered. Starters were Tuna tartar for me and duck spring rolls for Phil. We each had wonderful wagyu beef with dauphine potatoes and vegetables. And for dessert a chocolate and peanut soufflé with chocolate ice cream was worth the 15 wait (our waitress Rosina recommended it and told us it took time to prepare.). Glad I listened. Phil enjoyed his tiramisu.

    Chef Jean-Claude Dufour was on top of his game as was Christophe, Herve and the entire team.

  26. #26
    cec1 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,190

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Last night we were asked for our proof of vaccination at L’Esprit. They took a picture of each of our QR codes and we will not have to do this procedure each time we dine there..they have it!

    FYI..the room was filled and there were more servers and runners and bus people than last visit. Still plenty of help wanted ads in the papers.

    The meal was fantastic. A new menu was offered. Starters were Tuna tartar for me and duck spring rolls for Phil. We each had wonderful wagyu beef with dauphine potatoes and vegetables. And for dessert a chocolate and peanut soufflé with chocolate ice cream was worth the 15 wait (our waitress Rosina recommended it and told us it took time to prepare.). Glad I listened. Phil enjoyed his tiramisu.

    Chef Jean-Claude Dufour was on top of his game as was Christophe, Herve and the entire team.
    Sounds like a great evening!

  27. #27
    cec1 is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,190

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    image0-2.jpeg

    "These four colored engravings from 1609 by Johann Gelle after the design of Egbert van Panderen tell the waxing and waning reputation of the physician from the eye of the patient. Depending on the stage of illness, the doctor is viewed as god, angel, man, or worse, devil. Four central figures personify the physician, each surrounded by background narratives of sickness and healing. Latin verses accompany each scene.

    On the upper left, the physician embodies a god, omniscient and omnipotent in dealing with the sick. As the Latin describes, death is knocking at the door of this home, and thankfully the doctor has arrived. The small scene on the right shows the doctor wearing black, inspecting the scalp of the patient clearly displaying bulbous wounds, possibly alluding to the plague. The family of the male patient scurries about the elegant home, attending to the needs of the patriarch and physician. The doctor arrives in time to save the patient, thus lauded as god. In the second engraving on the right, the patient is better and has escaped death. He now views the doctor as an angel, no longer as a saviour-like god but still on a high level. The angel offers a vessel, likely the palliative cure administered to his patient, who rests in the canopied green bed.

    On the lower register, the doctor’s role begins to diminish. The patient is now convalescing, feeling better, and the physician now appears a mere mortal. He is portrayed as a man, if not a bit of a charlatan, dressed in finery. The fourth engraving shows a recovered patient, hence the doctor asks for payment. Now the doctor sinks to the level of devil. Thus, Van Panderen has recorded a glimpse into society’s perception of the physician, and his role and reputation in the Renaissance."(Doctors as angels and devils. Sally Metzler)

    I think most physicians (as well as nurses and other health care workers) would say that these varying perceptions apply past the Renaissance and in settings beyond those in the description...
    Marvelous, Izzy!

  28. #28
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,561

    Re: Booster Required

    Apparently that style of medicine is still in favor. This is trending on Amazon books.

    IMG_6337.jpeg
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  29. #29
    Dennis is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Apr 2004 Austin, TX Posts: 9,998

    Re: Booster Required

    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Apparently that style of medicine is still in favor. This is trending on Amazon books.

    IMG_6337.jpeg

  30. #30
    Rosita is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2003 st-barthelemy Posts: 1,852

    Re: Booster Required

    Bonjour
    i am traveling in France right now …and every restaurant are asking for your pass sanitaire
    if you don’t …go back to your house
    I am proud to be vaccinated 3 times
    rosita
    ..........
    villa la baleine | villa les jardins d'Emmanuel | villa les basses

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2020, 08:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •