The 44th Kennedy Center Honors December 5, 2021

JEK

Senior Insider
The 43rd Honors (postponed fom 2020) were held in May of this year in a virtual and much reduced in-person version and now the 44th will return in full form on December 5th.

Just received the requirements: fully vaccinated and RT PCR within 72 hours of the event. Masks on at all times except when eating at the late night supper.

Quite the lineup of honorees!

Justino Díaz, Berry Gordy, Lorne Michaels, Bette Midler, and Joni Mitchell

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 2.27.57 PM.jpg

JEK thanks for posting ! About time for Bette who I saw with friends when we were living in cc Philadelphia, 1970 or 71. Bijou ? a smokey dive firetrap place, at Broad & Lombard Sts, Bette still at The Baths in NYC. Memorable nite with Barry M her piano man.

Saw Bette in Fiddler, saw her show in NYC in DIVINE MADNESS when she entered stage right as a mermaid, AND HERE ON St Barths where we dined at a nearby table on the same night at The Wall House.

Saw Bette in Fiddler, saw her show in NYC when she entered stage right as a mermaid, AND HERE ON St Barths where we dined at a nearby table on the same night at The Wall House.

Who do you think will show up at the Honors to honor her?

Saw Bette in Fiddler, saw her show in NYC in Divine Madness when she entered stage right as a mermaid, AND HERE ON St Barths where we dined at a nearby table on the same night at The Wall House.

OMG, I left out the last revival of HELLO DOLLY in NYC a couple of years ago…Marvelous and delightful as Dolly Levi.

OMG, I left out the last revival of HELLO DOLLY in NYC a couple of years ago…Marvelous and delightful as Dolly Levi.

. . . was there too, & through a fluke in box office ticketing, wound-up second row center seat. Every grand play that Bette made to the audience included, a “wink” to me, it seemed. In many years of Broadway performances, the BEST ever!

It was quite the show - four hours. Watch on December 22nd on CBS.

Bette was close by at the dinner!

99F85053-7F4C-4AA3-925F-68B9BA966470.jpg

We once had a memorable dinner at Franck's Wall House Restaurant in Gustavia and Bette was that close to us.