Croissants

Eve

Senior Insider
Just watched a YouTube about the making of croissants. Are they made from scratch on the island? And the baguettes? I know I read a while back that lots of things come frozen from France

001000E3-58E0-4E59-8076-461D7F8893C3.jpegD255A9A1-B3CF-49AA-9B49-78D0D15AA1C0.jpeg3430EFED-B1FC-4101-AE06-9AE02D3A9199.jpeg17B72829-986A-4A9F-8BF2-EE59F7E86026.jpeg

One day I’ll figure out what comes in par-baked from France, and what is made locally with flour from France.

I think the images from IG illustrate that the basics are created from flour on the island. There may be other evidence to be found in YT.

Choisy croissants and pain au chocolate are most likely fresh. That’s why Jim walks across the street, and I drive further down the street.
However, where would that baking happen?
The PC bakery building is way less busy than it used to be

Cheryl loves the chocolate Croissants from the bakery in Columbier. We buy them drive down to Flamands, eat and walk the beach. Life is good in St. Bart

A small Hilton Head Island bakery named Sprout Momma sells at our Thursday weekly farmer's market in Old Town Bluffton, very long line yesterday with gorgeous weather, mid 70's, while the town live Christmas tree stood waiting for decorating. As I told Momma who does the market, their croissants, also the chocolate type, & baguettess, the best anywhere beyond France & St Barths. We're thrilled that a branch will open in Old Town in June so we no longer have to cross the bridge.