Le Guanahani now open

andynap

Senior Insider
0C1CC1F5-5FFD-4F86-A8DC-D5BDD07BFEC7.jpeg
B23B8CEF-9AFA-40BD-B206-3C951E1C9CCA.jpeg

Welcome back indeed! We have celebrated many special anniversaries there over the years, with one more upcoming biggie!

“Soft, soft opening.” Forty percent of the rooms, I was told. The restaurant is only open to hotel guests. I’m disappointed because was looking forward to seeing it during this visit, but no luck!

Our honeymoon location in November 2001. As well as our first visit to St Barths.

We arrived late after a delayed flight meant missing our Winair flight. Met up with another more "seasoned" couple at gate 10 who invited us to jump in a taxi to the ferry.

The ferry ride was abysmal.

We shared another taxi to their villa in Pt. Milou, then we went on to the "G".

Checked in, showered and headed to the restaurant for dinner and was discreetly asked to return to my room to change into long pants.

Back to dinner, an elderly woman was dining with her Yorkie sitting on top of the table eating his dinner with NO PANTS!

The next morning, I walked to reception for something and that's when I realized how stunningly beautiful the grounds were.

Would love to stay there again but we have become villa people.

The restaurant is only open to hotel guests. I’m disappointed because was looking forward to seeing it during this visit, but no luck!

Dennis, i have little doubt that a few minutes spent exerting your legendary charm upon hotel management would ingratiate yourself with staff and doubtless merit an invitation to dine as a special guest of the hotel. :cool:

Dennis, i have little doubt that a few minutes spent exerting your legendary charm upon hotel management would ingratiate yourself with staff and doubtless merit an invitation to dine as a special guest of the hotel. :cool:

Thanks . . . tried, & I know the GM. He wouldn’t budge!

Honeymooned at El Sererno 1987. Had our first meal at Guanahani. Marvelous experience. I do remember wearing long pants to dinner though which I never do any more when visiting.

Dress code even more relaxed this trip.Shorts, tee shirts and baseball caps for guys seem to now being accepted everywhere we have dined. Women outshining men as usual.

20. Dress for dinner, or wear cutoffs. Nobody will care except your spouse/partner.

not sure that's factual (the nobody will care part). Dennis carries off his shorts after sunset rather well (not everyone can). he doesn't appear to be wearing cut-offs though
:cool: