Ducks in a row...

marybeth

Senior Insider
PCR tests in hand.

Antigen tests scheduled.

Note on calendar to complete the EHAS form.

Crucial reservations made.

Spa and hair appointments upcoming.

Obsessive scrolling on Instagram daily.

Just need to start packing.....and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sorry...felt the urge to share my joy.

Hooray. Remember, bring half the clothes and twice the money. Things are getting priced higher down here too.

Feel free to share your joy..we were just been there done that...stressful testing before getting there which takes a away from the tingle a little bit but once you are there it is all very much worth it...clear sailing once you are there..we were not checked once while we were on the island..masks only at March U.
Enjoy!!!!!

PCR tests in hand.

Antigen tests scheduled.

Note on calendar to complete the EHAS form.

Crucial reservations made.

Spa and hair appointments upcoming.

Obsessive scrolling on Instagram daily.

Just need to start packing.....and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sorry...felt the urge to share my joy.

Please send updates on spa and hair. We need to know you will represent properly ;)

Marybeth, living vicariously through you guys… looking forward to your on-island reporting. We are tingling for you guys!!

Safe travels!

Everyone on the same page, booked PCR & Antigen tests for our Nov 27th arrival. Looking up restaurants & trolling the forums. Quick buzz for my head & better half is going the whole 9 yards. First time flying Tradewinds which should be exciting. After missing last years trip, we’re looking forward to another great time!

I feel lots of tinglius maximus in this thread. Sharing your joy and wishing you all uneventful journeys to our favorite salty piece of land.

-PITA

Marybeth and Koops - I am curious why you are getting both PCR and antigen tests. I hope I'm not missing something. If vaccinated, you only need one negative test result to show when arriving to SBH, right? A PCR test within three days of arrival and antigen within two days...

Hi Jeanette,

We booked the antigen test as a back up if the PCR results are not returned in time. We’re using Pixel for the PCR, which is a home/lab test. Friends have had good results but given it’s the holidays we have a plan B. Antigens at CVS are returned in a few hours so we have Friday appointments. Two results could also protect against a false positive.

I sent you a PM, would love to meet up for once ON the island.

mb

We also did PCR 3 days out and rapid test day before. Wanted a back up since we were overnighting in San Juan and wanted cushion in case American changed our flight. The week before our travel was when American was cancelling flights at last minute.

Hi Jeanette,

We booked the antigen test as a back up if the PCR results are not returned in time. We’re using Pixel for the PCR, which is a home/lab test. Friends have had good results but given it’s the holidays we have a plan B. Antigens at CVS are returned in a few hours so we have Friday appointments. Two results could also protect against a false positive.

mb

A principled approach . . .

If for some reason my PCR test isn’t completed by my departure time to SBH from San Juan, I have an antigen test as a backup which will be taken the day of my flight out of Chicago. Most likely the lab is not working, at least to full capacity on thanksgiving day which might delay my PCR results. If my results come back by Friday morning we cancel the antigen test. All my tests are covered by my insurance before my trip. Also have trip insurance coverages. Not the “usual” board a flight & return the next week anymore.

remember when travel used to be......fun? Sigh. At least the destination makes it worthwhile, but gosh, the hoops we jump through and the stress - instead of joyful anticipation - I'm afraid this is the way of the future. But we will prevail!

Hooray. Remember, bring half the clothes and twice the money. Things are getting priced higher down here too.

This advice is so true -- I literally just stepped back from the villa closet and realized that I will never were three of of the shirts I brought (at least) and definitely not three pair of shorts either. What was I thinking?

A principled approach . . .

I think her approach was more super intended... (Sorry, MB, it's the best I could do. Can't wait to see you.)

Mani/pedi - check
PCR test - negative
EHAS - pre-approved
Boarding passes printed
Reservations made for L'Esprit, Nikki Beach x2, Bagatelle, Bonito, Orega, Papillon Ivre, Shellona and date night for the "kids" at Toiny (craziest year ever for reservations)

We had good timing to travel to SBH twice last year and we're just as excited as if it's our first trip. Testing this year was super easy compared to a year ago when we paid $200+ for overnight testing and anxiously awaited for results to arrive.