SBH Trip Report NOV2021

shihadehs

Senior Insider
St. Bart’s Trip Report NOV2021

• General
    • Island was lush, wide open and beautiful as ever
    • Businesses seemed to have survived the pandemic better than I would have guessed
    • Local people were really glad to welcome visitors back
    • Lots of construction. What’s new?
  • Covid
    • Vax Card and recent negative Covid result got us to San Juan and into St. Bart’s
    • Vax Card and recent negative Covid result (rapid test at Pharmacy across from Airport) got us out of St. Bart’s and onto San Juan
    • Supposedly all Pharmacies give tests and come-to-your-Villa nurses are available as well
    • Almost no one wore masks except in Grocery and Pharmacies
    • Seems kind of like the US in that the more sophisticated folks happily took vaccines…..others have not. I have to say I was amused to see a Marlboro 2-pack-a-day St. Bart’s friend tell me he didn’t want to inject anything like a vaccine into his body
  • Infrastructure Week – Wow, I know where it went! The Collective has invested big time in the two+ years since we have been there improving roads, sidewalks and walls. Did I mention the walls? Remarkable improvements and you really feel safer driving. More speed bumps but less annoying motor scooters because of it
  • Restaurants
    • Per usual…….the worst meal on St. Bart’s is better than anywhere else
    • Some restaurants had super service…others not up to historical par
    • We had our best meals at
      • Eddy’s
      • I’soletta
      • L’Oubli
      • Le Select
      • Le Toiny Beach Club (amazing)
      • Santa Fe
      • Ti Corail

• Summary – We first visited the island 36 years ago and it is still amazing, awe inspiring and blows us away every day. Yes we have seen lots of changes (most for the good from my POV) but if you want beach, sun, ocean, fun, amazing food, beautiful boats and tropical beauty…St. Bart’s is still your place.

St. Bart’s Trip Report NOV2021

• General
    • Island was lush, wide open and beautiful as ever
    • Businesses seemed to have survived the pandemic better than I would have guessed
    • Local people were really glad to welcome visitors back
    • Lots of construction. What’s new?
  • Covid
    • Vax Card and recent negative Covid result got us to San Juan and into St. Bart’s
    • Vax Card and recent negative Covid result (rapid test at Pharmacy across from Airport) got us out of St. Bart’s and onto San Juan
    • Supposedly all Pharmacies give tests and come-to-your-Villa nurses are available as well
    • Almost no one wore masks except in Grocery and Pharmacies
    • Seems kind of like the US in that the more sophisticated folks happily took vaccines…..others have not. I have to say I was amused to see a Marlboro 2-pack-a-day St. Bart’s friend tell me he didn’t want to inject anything like a vaccine into his body
  • Infrastructure Week – Wow, I know where it went! The Collective has invested big time in the two+ years since we have been there improving roads, sidewalks and walls. Did I mention the walls? Remarkable improvements and you really feel safer driving. More speed bumps but less annoying motor scooters because of it
  • Restaurants
    • Per usual…….the worst meal on St. Bart’s is better than anywhere else
    • Some restaurants had super service…others not up to historical par
    • We had our best meals at
      • Eddy’s
      • I’soletta
      • L’Oubli
      • Le Select
      • Le Toiny Beach Club (amazing)
      • Santa Fe
      • Ti Corail

• Summary – We first visited the island 36 years ago and it is still amazing, awe inspiring and blows us away every day. Yes we have seen lots of changes (most for the good from my POV) but if you want beach, sun, ocean, fun, amazing food, beautiful boats and tropical beauty…St. Bart’s is still your place.

Wonderful, succinct report! The “diary” notes while you were on the island also fill out so much of your experience!

Love the report and the unique format! An end to runaway sentences and poor punctuation :nerd:

Aimee your report is a joy to read…twice for me, so far.

I am grateful that so many people are eager to express their many joys and their few woes with the forum followers. Style is appreciated but all comments are as well. Please don’t have fear of punctuation marks keep you from posting. Your opinions and experiences are eagerly read and devoured by those off island as well as those lucky to be here on island.

All are welcome to post and so please do keep these reports coming. Without your input, there is no forum.

I am so impressed that so many of you take your precious vacation time to share your day’s activities and meals enjoyed. My guess is that WIMCO appreciates your messages too.

God bless us, every one.

Kindness counts.

Great quick read of what sounds like a perfect trip. We like to balance fine dining with beachy lunches so will be adding Ti Corail and Le Toiny Beach Club to the list.

Steve and Aimee, thank you for your feedback and appreciate your on-island experiences. Lots of changes going on, for sure. Glad you had a good experience overall. Can’t wait to get back in April, 2022.

• Seems kind of like the US in that the more sophisticated folks happily took vaccines…..others have not.

a friend is curious as to know how one distinguishes the more sophisticated folks from the others. also how one distinguishes the injected from the others. can one easily distinguish at a glance those who were injected more than six months prior and require an additional injection ?
again, asking for a friend.

a friend is curious as to know how one distinguishes the more sophisticated folks from the others. also how one distinguishes the injected from the others. can one easily distinguish at a glance those who were injected more than six months prior and require an additional injection ?
again, asking for a friend.

. . . very funny! Clearly the answer is that the more sophisticated folks . . . and those who are “injected” . . .are identified by the halos around their heads! Just helpfully trying to pass on info for your friend, Cass!

Dennis, i feel quite certain my friend will be quite satisfied with that answer :nerd:

Keep up the stellar reporting, s'il te plaît, mon ami !

. . . very funny! Clearly the answer is that the more sophisticated folks . . . and those who are “injected” . . .are identified by the halos around their heads! Just helpfully trying to pass on info for your friend, Cass!
I have photographic evidence of those halos on a certain 6 and 8 year old in San Francisco :up: Lollipops too!