Entrance Hassle

abc

SBH Insider
We are flying to St Barth during this upcoming week and have received a preapproval for
entrance to SXM through successful completion of the EHAS form
problem is with the United EWR —>SXM flight. United airlines is telling us that we are not
approved for this flight as we do not have the St Martin health insurance policy. United can’t be made to understand that passengers in transit to SBH the same day do not require the purchase of this health policy. Any suggestions for help with this problem

did you send them this info:

1. The government of Sint Maarten has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 insurance for all travelers with destination Sint Maarten with the exception of Sint Maarten residents, transit passengers departing the same day (checkbox), flight crews (checkbox), transiting cruise ship crews (checkbox), French nationals residing in France or a French territory, BES-ZVK insured (checkbox) and AUC faculty and students (special procedure). The insurance purchasing process is an integrated step in the EHAS application. Travelers requiring the COVID-19 insurance must complete this process upon application. For more information on and all questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at info@sxmprotectionplan.com

from this page: https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

Call and keep asking for supervisors, managers and direct them to the EHAS website. Sometimes the front line employees are just looking to “check boxes” and only have the info that is in front of them even if incorrect.

another option - fill out another EHAS form saying you are staying there a night and just pay the fee. A waste of money and a dumb solution of course, but if it gets you through maybe it’s worth it and if the hold times are very long to speak with the airline maybe it’s worth your time to just throw a few dollars at the problem and eliminate the stress

Like El said earlier, refer United to the SXM health / gov website. Get a manager or supervisor on the line. Don't take no for an answer. Insurance is not required for fully vax'd passengers.

I'm flying in on the 15th and just tried to complete the EHAS form. I get an error message saying +3 days which, in other forums I've read, means you can't apply more then 3 days prior to travel. Maybe that's the issue? See below:

[FONT=&quot]1. We're traveling Nov 13th, it looks like as of Nov 1st, you don't need a PCR test anymore. Does anyone know if that's true.

2. I just tried filling out the EHAS form and I'm getting a strange error that says "The Date of arrival in Sint Maarten must be a date before +3days" -- does this mean that the form needs to be filled out 3 days before arrival? Or something else? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2021, 11:47 AM
You are filling out the form much too early; you need to do it three days ahead of your flight to the island. It has confused several others.
[/FONT]

I'm flying in on the 15th and just tried to complete the EHAS form. I get an error message saying +3 days which, in other forums I've read, means you can't apply more then 3 days prior to travel. Maybe that's the issue? See below:

1. We're traveling Nov 13th, it looks like as of Nov 1st, you don't need a PCR test anymore. Does anyone know if that's true.

2. I just tried filling out the EHAS form and I'm getting a strange error that says "The Date of arrival in Sint Maarten must be a date before +3days" -- does this mean that the form needs to be filled out 3 days before arrival? Or something else? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2021, 11:47 AM
You are filling out the form much too early; you need to do it three days ahead of your flight to the island. It has confused several others.

The earliest EHAS accepts your form is 3 days before travel, so try again 11/12. We are traveling 11/13 and can't apply until 11/10. Dumb, I know bc our vaccination status is fixed and won't change between now and then...but just go with their rules and don't stress about it.

It was 3 days because that was the test requirement. Look like they kept it that way
Fear not. We got our sxm approval in 2 hours

I’m wondering if you solved your problem with United, abc? We are supposed to take the same ewr->sxm flight at the end of November.

We are flying to St Barth during this upcoming week and have received a preapproval for
entrance to SXM through successful completion of the EHAS form
problem is with the United EWR —>SXM flight. United airlines is telling us that we are not
approved for this flight as we do not have the St Martin health insurance policy. United can’t be made to understand that passengers in transit to SBH the same day do not require the purchase of this health policy. Any suggestions for help with this problem

We, too, are flying United EWR-SXM. I spoke to a United agent who said if you show a copy of your SXM-SBH airline ticket when you check in at EWR you will be able to fly to SXM without Covid insurance. You just can't get your boarding pass online the day before.

Thanks everyone and big thanks to Ellen for sharing the SXM information. My kids will be on this flight in a few weeks and I will update them.

The resolution:
we decided to go to the airport one day before the flight to straighten out our issue. After being shuffled around to 5 different employees who were less than helpful, we went to the check in agent who fixed the problem in literally
seconds. We boarded our flight the next day with first class tickets preserved. Getting through SXM was a breeze and best of all, SBC flew us to SBH 2 hours early and we were the only ones on the plane. The pilot said we basically scored a charter for a peanuts price. We’re now 2 happy vacationers
i do want to thank Ellen who posted the international rum festival info. We were able to get tickets for tonite’s 5 course dinner with rum pairing, followed by the cigar-rum pairing venue :)

The resolution:
we decided to go to the airport one day before the flight to straighten out our issue. After being shuffled around to 5 different employees who were less than helpful, we went to the check in agent who fixed the problem in literally
seconds. We boarded our flight the next day with first class tickets preserved. Getting through SXM was a breeze and best of all, SBC flew us to SBH 2 hours early and we were the only ones on the plane. The pilot said we basically scored a charter for a peanuts price. We’re now 2 happy vacationers
i do want to thank Ellen who posted the international rum festival info. We were able to get tickets for tonite’s 5 course dinner with rum pairing, followed by the cigar-rum pairing venue :)

:pray1::up:

The resolution:
:up: