Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Entrance Hassle

  1. #1
    abc is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 125

    Entrance Hassle

    We are flying to St Barth during this upcoming week and have received a preapproval for
    entrance to SXM through successful completion of the EHAS form
    problem is with the United EWR —>SXM flight. United airlines is telling us that we are not
    approved for this flight as we do not have the St Martin health insurance policy. United can’t be made to understand that passengers in transit to SBH the same day do not require the purchase of this health policy. Any suggestions for help with this problem

  2. #2
    elgreaux is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 11,584

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    did you send them this info:

    1. The government of Sint Maarten has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 insurance for all travelers with destination Sint Maarten with the exception of Sint Maarten residents, transit passengers departing the same day (checkbox), flight crews (checkbox), transiting cruise ship crews (checkbox), French nationals residing in France or a French territory, BES-ZVK insured (checkbox) and AUC faculty and students (special procedure). The insurance purchasing process is an integrated step in the EHAS application. Travelers requiring the COVID-19 insurance must complete this process upon application. For more information on and all questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at info@sxmprotectionplan.com


    from this page: https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

  3. #3
    Jim A is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2017 NY Posts: 964

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Call and keep asking for supervisors, managers and direct them to the EHAS website. Sometimes the front line employees are just looking to “check boxes” and only have the info that is in front of them even if incorrect.

    another option - fill out another EHAS form saying you are staying there a night and just pay the fee. A waste of money and a dumb solution of course, but if it gets you through maybe it’s worth it and if the hold times are very long to speak with the airline maybe it’s worth your time to just throw a few dollars at the problem and eliminate the stress

  4. #4
    markf is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Oct 2021 Connecticut, USA Posts: 14

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Like El said earlier, refer United to the SXM health / gov website. Get a manager or supervisor on the line. Don't take no for an answer. Insurance is not required for fully vax'd passengers.

  5. #5
    Eve is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,518

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Did you clearly put on the form that you arrive and leave on the same day?

  6. #6
    JoR is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 70

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    I'm flying in on the 15th and just tried to complete the EHAS form. I get an error message saying +3 days which, in other forums I've read, means you can't apply more then 3 days prior to travel. Maybe that's the issue? See below:

    1. We're traveling Nov 13th, it looks like as of Nov 1st, you don't need a PCR test anymore. Does anyone know if that's true.

    2. I just tried filling out the EHAS form and I'm getting a strange error that says "The Date of arrival in Sint Maarten must be a date before +3days" -- does this mean that the form needs to be filled out 3 days before arrival? Or something else? Thanks.

    Oct 27, 2021, 11:47 AM
    You are filling out the form much too early; you need to do it three days ahead of your flight to the island. It has confused several others.

  7. #7
    apd77 is offline
    SBH New Member Joined: Oct 2021 Connecticut and Massachusetts in New England USA Posts: 8

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Quote Originally Posted by JoR View Post
    I'm flying in on the 15th and just tried to complete the EHAS form. I get an error message saying +3 days which, in other forums I've read, means you can't apply more then 3 days prior to travel. Maybe that's the issue? See below:

    1. We're traveling Nov 13th, it looks like as of Nov 1st, you don't need a PCR test anymore. Does anyone know if that's true.

    2. I just tried filling out the EHAS form and I'm getting a strange error that says "The Date of arrival in Sint Maarten must be a date before +3days" -- does this mean that the form needs to be filled out 3 days before arrival? Or something else? Thanks.

    Oct 27, 2021, 11:47 AM
    You are filling out the form much too early; you need to do it three days ahead of your flight to the island. It has confused several others.

    The earliest EHAS accepts your form is 3 days before travel, so try again 11/12. We are traveling 11/13 and can't apply until 11/10. Dumb, I know bc our vaccination status is fixed and won't change between now and then...but just go with their rules and don't stress about it.

  8. #8
    Eve is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,518

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    It was 3 days because that was the test requirement. Look like they kept it that way
    Fear not. We got our sxm approval in 2 hours

  9. #9

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    I’m wondering if you solved your problem with United, abc? We are supposed to take the same ewr->sxm flight at the end of November.

  10. #10

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    We are flying to St Barth during this upcoming week and have received a preapproval for
    entrance to SXM through successful completion of the EHAS form
    problem is with the United EWR —>SXM flight. United airlines is telling us that we are not
    approved for this flight as we do not have the St Martin health insurance policy. United can’t be made to understand that passengers in transit to SBH the same day do not require the purchase of this health policy. Any suggestions for help with this problem
    We, too, are flying United EWR-SXM. I spoke to a United agent who said if you show a copy of your SXM-SBH airline ticket when you check in at EWR you will be able to fly to SXM without Covid insurance. You just can't get your boarding pass online the day before.

  11. #11
    Jeanette is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2005 Cambridge, MA Posts: 7,629

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Thanks everyone and big thanks to Ellen for sharing the SXM information. My kids will be on this flight in a few weeks and I will update them.
    Liberté, Égalité, Sororité

  12. #12
    abc is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 125

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    The resolution:
    we decided to go to the airport one day before the flight to straighten out our issue. After being shuffled around to 5 different employees who were less than helpful, we went to the check in agent who fixed the problem in literally
    seconds. We boarded our flight the next day with first class tickets preserved. Getting through SXM was a breeze and best of all, SBC flew us to SBH 2 hours early and we were the only ones on the plane. The pilot said we basically scored a charter for a peanuts price. We’re now 2 happy vacationers
    i do want to thank Ellen who posted the international rum festival info. We were able to get tickets for tonite’s 5 course dinner with rum pairing, followed by the cigar-rum pairing venue :)

  13. #13
    JEK is offline
    Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,920

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The resolution:
    we decided to go to the airport one day before the flight to straighten out our issue. After being shuffled around to 5 different employees who were less than helpful, we went to the check in agent who fixed the problem in literally
    seconds. We boarded our flight the next day with first class tickets preserved. Getting through SXM was a breeze and best of all, SBC flew us to SBH 2 hours early and we were the only ones on the plane. The pilot said we basically scored a charter for a peanuts price. We’re now 2 happy vacationers
    i do want to thank Ellen who posted the international rum festival info. We were able to get tickets for tonite’s 5 course dinner with rum pairing, followed by the cigar-rum pairing venue :)

    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

  14. #14
    elgreaux is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 11,584

    Re: Entrance Hassle

    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    The resolution:
    we decided to go to the airport one day before the flight to straighten out our issue. After being shuffled around to 5 different employees who were less than helpful, we went to the check in agent who fixed the problem in literally
    seconds. We boarded our flight the next day with first class tickets preserved. Getting through SXM was a breeze and best of all, SBC flew us to SBH 2 hours early and we were the only ones on the plane. The pilot said we basically scored a charter for a peanuts price. We’re now 2 happy vacationers
    i do want to thank Ellen who posted the international rum festival info. We were able to get tickets for tonite’s 5 course dinner with rum pairing, followed by the cigar-rum pairing venue :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •