No Testing Required for the Vaccinated to Enter SXM after November 1, 2021

Lost my bil last December in similar circumstances. Hope to hold his life celebration in January. He was older, but is never an easy thing to say goodbye when you can’t.

My 65 year old BIL passed away Saturday from COVID. He was vaxed but did have many underlining health issues.

Diabetes, heart disease, several heart attacks and several stents. Also very overweight.

He was in the hospital for a month and on a vent for 3 weeks in a coma.

He was a good dude.

This breaks my heart, Menace. I’m so sorry. Hugs to you and Lisa.

My family is fewer in numbers thanks to Covid-19; most were vaccinated, too.

My 65 year old BIL passed away Saturday from COVID. He was vaxed but did have many underlining health issues.

Diabetes, heart disease, several heart attacks and several stents. Also very overweight.

He was in the hospital for a month and on a vent for 3 weeks in a coma.

He was a good dude.

Condolences for the family’s loss. Very sad.

May they all Rest In Peace

AFE51E29-B3B5-452D-AFA2-3FC850DB071B.jpeg

> Covid is an endimec and will be with us forever, you will have it multiple times

I agree with this. Get vaxed, get boosted, and go on with your life.

This makes no sense... Covid is an endimec and will be with us forever, you will have it multiple times, Jim. We can't be testing people from now until eternity for something that is a minor 2-3 day sickness for vaccinated people who aren't 120 years old. Imagine preventing people from traveling or being part of society if they have the flu or severe cold (that's what this is once vaccinated unless you have major underlying conditions or close to dying of old age). Time to get on with life....
If you are correct, in due time we can certainly get there. For now I have no worries about "inconveniencing" someone by making them prove (as close as the test can do) that they don't have a virus that is still killing people because they want to spend a week on a beach. Also, I hope no one sits next to me on a plane with the flu!!!

With SXM not requiring a negative test starting 11/1, does entrance into SBH require a negative test or just your vax card?

This is very good and surprising news! (But who knows what it will be by the end of January, though...) Yet I am still a little confused, too, referencing markf's question above: if there are rules that are different from La France métropolitaine, as it seems from previous discussions, are there specific rules for USA citizens to enter SBH? Also, the USA still requires the some sort of test to return to the USA. I have tried to read carefully about the different testing sites on SBH but it seems as though they are written for French residents to use for their tests. Hopefully, things will become more clear in the near future and we may have changes yet.:rolleyes:

We scheduled PCR test(s) anyway for 11/3 before we come down 11/6. Just to be safe. It's free and painless. May as well have it done.

We scheduled PCR test(s) anyway for 11/3 before we come down 11/6. Just to be safe. It's free and painless. May as well have it done.
Everything I have read, including the SBC site in French connected to a government site, seems to indicate that you do still need those tests to get into SBH. It seems that for SXM, you may not need a PCR/ antigen test after a certain date but you do have to fill out an EHAS form online and get it back before you can go. So maybe nothing has really changed if you are going beyond SXM?

Honestly, i have no issue testing prior to going to a place like St Barth, etc.. But can we please get rid of the frigging testing to fly back home...It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. Take a test on Monday morning (negative), hang out in another country later that day, all of Tuesday, all of Wednesday and part of Thursday before getting on a plane. Yay, everyone on the plane is safe !!!

Honestly, i have no issue testing prior to going to a place like St Barth, etc.. But can we please get rid of the frigging testing to fly back home...It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. Take a test on Monday morning (negative), hang out in another country later that day, all of Tuesday, all of Wednesday and part of Thursday before getting on a plane. Yay, everyone on the plane is safe !!!

Anguilla just opened up a bit and now allowing Antigen for the first time so that is some good news...

This article may be of interest to those wondering about the percentage of airline passengers who have active infection despite a negative screening PCR. In summary:

Active infection was identified in 0.05% of air travelers wiho had a negative PCR performed within 72 hours of travel. The average community infection prevalence rate was estimated at 1.1% during the study period. These infections were identified by rapid antigen tests performed in-airport both before and after an international flight from the US. Positives were verified by rapid molecular tests.

This translates to a case detection rate of one per 1,970 passengers during a period when estimated prevalence of active infection was over 20 times higher. Because of the lower sensitivity of antigen than molecular testing, the active infection rate may have been higher but would not likely have been above one per 1,000 passengers. Some other limitations are discussed in the article.