No Testing Required for the Vaccinated to Enter SXM after November 1, 2021

Interesting. I am torn on whether or not I think this is a good idea right now. I feel like we aren't quite at the point where we should be removing this safety precaution yet. Obviously you need to be testing non-vaccinated people and they still will be, but IMO even vaccinated people should be tested when going to locations that don't exactly have the most advanced COVID care capabilities. With more and more breakthrough cases it just seems smart to test everyone to keep both themselves and the residents of the locations they travel to safe. After going through the testing process a bunch of times already, I don't find it much of an inconvenience. As always, YMMV and I'm sure it will on this one as I expect most will be very happy about this if it indeed expands to SBH.

This news makes me so happy! I know things can change a million more times before our trip next summer but not needing tests for SXM makes life so much easier to for us to travel from Anguilla to St. Barth! When we went to the Exumas this summer the Bahamas weren't requiring tests for vaccinated or children under 10 and we so appreciated how much simpler it made things!

The benefit to vaccinated SBH travelers if all else remains the same is a greater window to get EHAS approval.

Unless SBH does similarly and no longer requires a test, you still have to manage that part.

The benefit to vaccinated SBH travelers if all else remains the same is a greater window to get EHAS approval.

Unless SBH does similarly and no longer requires a test, you still have to manage that part.

The EHAS was exactly what had me worried! Anguilla requires a day 4 test and that test for us would be the day before flying to SXM/SBH making me worried about getting the SXM approval in time. From what I've read it takes about 12 hours for test results there and then another 12 for the approval. Way to close for comfort!

This makes no sense... Covid is an endimec and will be with us forever, you will have it multiple times, Jim. We can't be testing people from now until eternity for something that is a minor 2-3 day sickness for vaccinated people who aren't 120 years old. Imagine preventing people from traveling or being part of society if they have the flu or severe cold (that's what this is once vaccinated unless you have major underlying conditions or close to dying of old age). Time to get on with life....

Interesting. I am torn on whether or not I think this is a good idea right now. I feel like we aren't quite at the point where we should be removing this safety precaution yet. Obviously you need to be testing non-vaccinated people and they still will be, but IMO even vaccinated people should be tested when going to locations that don't exactly have the most advanced COVID care capabilities. With more and more breakthrough cases it just seems smart to test everyone to keep both themselves and the residents of the locations they travel to safe. After going through the testing process a bunch of times already, I don't find it much of an inconvenience. As always, YMMV and I'm sure it will on this one as I expect most will be very happy about this if it indeed expands to SBH.

thank you for this update. arriving with family on 11/6. we're sure of this? i don't trust facebook (blame me?)

This makes no sense... Covid is an endimec and will be with us forever, you will have it multiple times, Jim. We can't be testing people from now until eternity for something that is a minor 2-3 day sickness for vaccinated people who aren't 120 years old. Imagine preventing people from traveling or being part of society if they have the flu or severe cold (that's what this is once vaccinated unless you have major underlying conditions or close to dying of old age). Time to get on with life....

At what age is one dying of old age? Asking for a 75 year old friend.

My 65 year old BIL passed away Saturday from COVID. He was vaxed but did have many underlining health issues.

Diabetes, heart disease, several heart attacks and several stents. Also very overweight.

He was in the hospital for a month and on a vent for 3 weeks in a coma.

He was a good dude.

At what age is one dying of old age? Asking for a 75 year old friend.
Your friend has a 3.5% chance of dying before he or she turns 76, and has a life expectancy of 11.3 years. So, I guess at 86 his or her death could reasonably attributed to old age. Your Mileage May Vary.

I'm very sorry for your loss, i have lost a few as well.....

My 65 year old BIL passed away Saturday from COVID. He was vaxed but did have many underlining health issues.

Diabetes, heart disease, several heart attacks and several stents. Also very overweight.

He was in the hospital for a month and on a vent for 3 weeks in a coma.

He was a good dude.