Preview of coming attractions

JEK

Senior Insider
DEB8482A-5244-41A3-B3B9-02BC4FCFD4E6.jpeg1F707208-4228-4FF1-B0AE-BD6BA6623415.jpeg2A2B5CEC-76B4-4CD3-B951-D4C2A2AC1F77.jpeg

Drove by last night. All was dark and quiet.

Wishing your whole team all the best in your spruced up iconic gathering place!

I guess we are no longer "avoiding progress?" It does look nice, and of course I wish them all the best- - but, I have to admit I have some mixed feelings about it.

Loved it how it was except the rest rooms. Hoping that is improved. And we will still be stopping by, even it its a little fancier.

my guess is drink prices are up 50%....another SB institution ruined...

That is pretty much what happened to the wine list at Eddy's when Manu took over :thinking1: So sad to see Select going in this direction. The contrast between the "expensive/fancy" island and the wildly popular, never changing dive bar that evolved so organically over the years was just so perfect. Sigh . . .

When driving by around noon today nothing outside appeared to be different. In fact, it didn't seem open as the chairs were all stacked up on the patio. I thought it would be jammed on opening day but it was sprinkling for very short time so maybe that explained the lack of crowd........ Did not look like more than 2 people inside.