Thread: SJU departure hall

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,473

SJU departure hall

Anyone been there lately on their trips home?
    in May all of the restaurants were closed. And since we will be there all morning, I need to prep for food

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2021 Connecticut, USA Posts: 14

Re: SJU departure hall

I was there in June visiting PR. Everything was shut down except for a Popeye's Chicken near our AA gate back to CT.

Yup. Same in May. Not Hopeful. If security was so crowded we would hand at Tradewinds lounge. Probably will for awhile anyway

SBH Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 34

Be careful what food you decide to bring into the US (SJU) from SBH. I don't know the regs but certain things (ham sandwiches for example) are prohibited. They can get really unpleasant about an innocent lunch mistake. Just an FYI.

Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 500

End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.

Where is air margaritaville? The big restaurant In the main Jet Blue departure area? In May they had one dish and were handing it out in styrofoam containers

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 500

It's at the entrance to terminal B, where United and Southwest gate. There was also a wine bar/restaurant across and down a bit that would probably have been better.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

Quote Originally Posted by PeterLynn View Post
    End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.
    Very funny! I know what you mean! On my last trip through SJU, I sat down . . . and then got up & left. There just wasn’t anything that I could eat.

SBH Member Joined: Aug 2013 Chicago, IL Posts: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Detigi98 View Post
    Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..
    This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

Quote Originally Posted by le_reve View Post
    This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!
    Officious!