Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: SJU departure hall

  1. #1
    Eve is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,473

    SJU departure hall

    Anyone been there lately on their trips home?
    in May all of the restaurants were closed. And since we will be there all morning, I need to prep for food

  2. #2
    markf is offline
    SBH Member Joined: Oct 2021 Connecticut, USA Posts: 14

    Re: SJU departure hall

    I was there in June visiting PR. Everything was shut down except for a Popeye's Chicken near our AA gate back to CT.

  3. #3
    Eve is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,473

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Yup. Same in May. Not Hopeful. If security was so crowded we would hand at Tradewinds lounge. Probably will for awhile anyway

  4. #4
    MTBH is offline
    SBH Member Joined: May 2021 Posts: 34

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Be careful what food you decide to bring into the US (SJU) from SBH. I don't know the regs but certain things (ham sandwiches for example) are prohibited. They can get really unpleasant about an innocent lunch mistake. Just an FYI.

  5. #5

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..

  6. #6
    PeterLynn is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 500

    Re: SJU departure hall

    End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.

  7. #7
    Eve is offline
    SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,473

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Where is air margaritaville? The big restaurant In the main Jet Blue departure area? In May they had one dish and were handing it out in styrofoam containers

  8. #8
    PeterLynn is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2014 Houston Posts: 500

    Re: SJU departure hall

    It's at the entrance to terminal B, where United and Southwest gate. There was also a wine bar/restaurant across and down a bit that would probably have been better.

  9. #9
    cec1 is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterLynn View Post
    End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.
    Very funny! I know what you mean! On my last trip through SJU, I sat down . . . and then got up & left. There just wasn’t anything that I could eat.

  10. #10
    le_reve is online now
    SBH Member Joined: Aug 2013 Chicago, IL Posts: 264

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Quote Originally Posted by Detigi98 View Post
    Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..
    This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!

  11. #11
    cec1 is online now
    SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,203

    Re: SJU departure hall

    Quote Originally Posted by le_reve View Post
    This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!
    Officious!

Similar Threads

  1. Is this our Andy Hall?? No!
    By andynap in forum Asia, South Pacific & Australia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •