SJU departure hall

Eve

Senior Insider
Anyone been there lately on their trips home?
in May all of the restaurants were closed. And since we will be there all morning, I need to prep for food

I was there in June visiting PR. Everything was shut down except for a Popeye's Chicken near our AA gate back to CT.

Yup. Same in May. Not Hopeful. If security was so crowded we would hand at Tradewinds lounge. Probably will for awhile anyway

Be careful what food you decide to bring into the US (SJU) from SBH. I don't know the regs but certain things (ham sandwiches for example) are prohibited. They can get really unpleasant about an innocent lunch mistake. Just an FYI.

Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..

End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.

Where is air margaritaville? The big restaurant In the main Jet Blue departure area? In May they had one dish and were handing it out in styrofoam containers

It's at the entrance to terminal B, where United and Southwest gate. There was also a wine bar/restaurant across and down a bit that would probably have been better.

End of May, we ate at the Air Margaritaville restaurant before heading home. Although, after all the wonderful restaurants the previous two weeks, we kind of wished they had been closed.

Very funny! I know what you mean! On my last trip through SJU, I sat down . . . and then got up & left. There just wasn’t anything that I could eat.

Exactly. I was scolded at SJU for bringing a sandwich in from SBH ( Maya's to go ) that had ham in it. Almost losing my Global Entry..

This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!

This exact thing happened to me, only it was MIA - - I had a half-eaten Maya's To Go sandwich in my bag and the customs agent scolded me for 5 straight minutes about how "flaunting the rules" could lose me my Global Entry status. I had simply forgotten I had it!

Officious!