D-2

Eve

Senior Insider
Had our PCR tests yesterday. Of course she said 2-3 days, but 48 hrs seems to be the norm. That means I will, possibly get the results for the 3 of us tomorrow morning. But we will see. So today we are taking antigen tests at 9:30, and should have the results this afternoon. That would give me an extra 12 hours to deal with SXM.
I have to say, for all of the trips we have been on to SB. including May, this is the first time I am not packed and ready to go 2 days early. Haven’t really even planned any meals down there. I even realized I forget to reserve a car. Of course Jim has thought of where he wants to eat because I have pretty much kept all the intricacies of going through sxm away from him.
But I have gone through all of the reservations 10 times and made sure the dates are right. And washed everything I own in case we get the green light and we hit the road!

safe uneventful travels wished for friends on move!

Had PCR tests at CVS nearby at 10am yesterday. Just in--2 negative results! All systems GO!!

So today was a piece of cake. We went and got 3 antigen tests at CVS. Not all CVS stores do the antigen test. They do one or the other. Like I said, 3 travelers is like juggling cats. Within 1/2 an hour we got 2 results. Of course the 3rd was my sister’s so I found the original confirmation and realized I hadn’t reauthorized my phone number. The results come in a text. Once done, the 3rd popped up.
so I saved them as PDFs and emailed them to myself so I could so the sxm form on my desktop.
You also have to have the vaccine card available to put on the sxm form. I had taken photos of those with my phone, I emailed them to myself, as well. And then downloaded all 6 items to my computer.
took a few tries to figure out the sxm form, always left something off, but the 3rd one was a breeze.
About an hour later, and I have received approval for 2, and of course, the 3rd one with no response, is my sisters. Not too worried because hers is easy. If any got rejected it would have been mine, with all my aliases. My vaccine card says Eve Keddy, and my passport says Eve Oreillykeddy.
if I don’t get hers back by 2:30, I’ll do it again. I think to resubmit, you need to start all over again.
Now we wait for the PCR results, to see if those negatives are true. Don’t want to get stuck down there. And catching down there would be unlikely.

Just got the 3rd sxm approval! That was pretty simple! And ready to go a day earlier than planned. I was dreading tomorrow. So glad the antigen test option crossed my mind!

I was adamant about keeping my maiden name. Very feminist thing to do in the 80’s.
So the hyphenated name is on the passport.
But now I am old and lazy and only put Keddy on everything. And sometimes things don’t match.

I was adamant about keeping my maiden name. Very feminist thing to do in the 80’s.
So the hyphenated name is on the passport.
But now I am old and lazy and only put Keddy on everything. And sometimes things don’t match.

Doesn't that present problems with TSA pre-check?

Eve, this is so helpful. Also I am in the same boat with my name...changed it to one word in my teens and added a middle initial after I was married. Some 30 years later, I *think* I have just about everything straightened out except for a few credit cards.

I am seriously considering forgoing the PCR and just doing the antigen. The 72 vs 48 hour thing is meaningless if it takes too long to get the results.

Eve, this is so helpful. Also I am in the same boat with my name...changed it to one word in my teens and added a middle initial after I was married. Some 30 years later, I *think* I have just about everything straightened out except for a few credit cards.

I am seriously considering forgoing the PCR and just doing the antigen. The 72 vs 48 hour thing is meaningless if it takes too long to get the results.

just do the antigen. Because I am traveling with 2 people in their mid to late 70’s I just need
confirmation with the PCR. Antigen isn’t very accurate. And I don’t want to get there without knowing the actual result.

I totally misread that as "Forging" :confused: the PCR test at first :biglaugh:

On your point. Yeah, I get that sometimes people don't have access to the rapid antigen test depending on where they may live, but I don't get why you would bother with the PCR test if you have the rapid test as an option as it definitely adds a level of stress that otherwise doesn't really exist...unless...you honestly are worried about the accuracy of the rapid test and not just meeting the travel requirement. If that's the case then I can see the PCR for sure because I think it is universally accepted as more accurate. Maybe I answered my own question :thinking1:

When we went in may, the PCR results came in as we sat on the plane. I rushed to open them in case we had to run off

An email from Amy and a note from Eve got me thinking about getting the antigen test too. We had PCR tests yesterday at Nantucket Hospital where tests get shipped off-island. Last year we had results in under 24 hours. In August I waited 2.5 days but travel was not involved. I lot of moving parts getting from one island to another. Just got back from our dentist office here who does the antigen tests ($150 each) where we were told we would have results back in 2 hours. I figured right after getting the "back up" test we would get an email from the hospital with the results. No luck yet on either result. Have business in Boston tomorrow and on Eve's flight Saturday. Nervous going through SXM for the first time in a number of years. Jet Blue had their "mint" seats on offer for $435/one way which are lie flat seats with first class style service on a direct flight. Waiting for either test result to get the SXM paperwork sorted. Fingers crossed!

You will get the antigen result
the sxm form needs you to download you vaccine card and your results.
And you need your passport number. I thought that the sxm form would be the hardest part, but that came back fast. You’ll be ok.