Villa Ylang Ylang

amyhorrocks

SBH Member
Hi everyone!! Excited to be planning our next trip back to the island in June!!! This time bringing the kids along....and celebrating 10 years married!

Has anyone stayed here, villa Ylang Ylang? It suites our needs perfectly but I'm super concerned about the view (or lack thereof). I know...big problems, right...!
We normally get a villa with a killer views but this looks more like a peep hole.

Any personal experience with this one is welcomed!! Thank you in advance!

If anyone reading this has any other suggestions in the 4-5.5k range, summer... (bedrooms on same level as living space, great outdoor/indoor space) no age min....I am all ears!!!

I just did a search of old posts and found no reviews. Maybe someone will chime in !

Petit Pont has a good layout for kids, and one of the best views on the island. Kind of across the street from Santa Fe back behind where the “zoo” animals are.

Chiming in since have stayed at Ylang-Ylang at least 5 times over a 20+ yr span including when it was brand spanking new. We went to see YY in May of 2019 while staying at another villa in Lurin, wanted to see the updates. None then that we hadn't experienced 3 years prior, 2016 I think, but since then looking at pix on couple companies that rep it. Tennis court was visible & had been built after our last stay there. Christianne sp? has been there as caretaker since day 1, hope she still is. Lovely pool & deck. Kitchen has new appliances based on pix & a wall opened up, a door to back of house against rocks now closed off. And the masterbath had new sink area, sorry just 1 in the space of that bath. Location fine for us, didn't mind the drive, was kept immaculate by Christianne. Over the years of different owners after the original owner/builder sold YY some things fell into disrepair, glad to see that things have been updated, yet some of the furniture is from the beginning of YY & even spray painted as was the lovely antique 4 poster bed. For just the 2 of us each visit, was perfect, having a gate too was nice feature.

Chiming in since have stayed at Ylang-Ylang at least 5 times over a 20+ yr span including when it was brand spanking new. We went to see YY in May of 2019 while staying at another villa in Lurin, wanted to see the updates. None then that we hadn't experienced 3 years prior, 2016 I think, but since then looking at pix on couple companies that rep it. Tennis court was visible & had been built after our last stay there. Christianne sp? has been there as caretaker since day 1, hope she still is. Lovely pool & deck. Kitchen has new appliances based on pix & a wall opened up, a door to back of house against rocks now closed off. And the masterbath had new sink area, sorry just 1 in the space of that bath. Location fine for us, didn't mind the drive, was kept immaculate by Christianne. Over the years of different owners after the original owner/builder sold YY some things fell into disrepair, glad to see that things have been updated, yet some of the furniture is from the beginning of YY & even spray painted as was the lovely antique 4 poster bed. For just the 2 of us each visit, was perfect, having a gate too was nice feature.

Thank you, Nancy! Would you consider this villa to have a view, or no?

Thank you, Nancy! Would you consider this villa to have a view, or no?

Since it was over 2 yrs ago now, from May 2019, something else may have been built nr or above the tennis courts. I do remember being told either by Christianne or St Barth Properties that it was not used at nite, but there were light poles there, so who knows...question to ask if using an agency ! Used to be some view in distance of ocean at Flamands. Now, don't know. Absent since May 2019.

Thank you!! Checking it out now.

Looked again Amy at the YY info & pix & noticed that there are 2 sinks in the master bath...not sure how squeezed in there or if moved part of wall where toilet is for more space ? If booking thru SB Prop, ask Anne since I know she has stayed there, but think it was before changes/updates made. IF you do book, hope you will post about it !