Thread: A comprehensive entry "rules" document from SaintBarth.com

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 55,347

A comprehensive entry "rules" document from SaintBarth.com

The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,560

Re: A comprehensive entry "rules" document from SaintBarth.com

Thank you....I have been reading up on this and I have to say they are making it as convoluted as possible. I need a flowchart....

It is a bit much. My son traveled to Italy and used a travel agent who arranged for all the proper testing at the proper times. Coming and going through London. Times like these a travel agent comes very handy to decipher the rules.

We arrive Saturday after many months of absence. I think we've got this!

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2010 Philadelphia and Fire Island, NY Posts: 1,125

Great info. NB the free testing site in St. Jean, and the relative ease of coming and going through SJU vs. SXM.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Dorothy Parker

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2008 Boston Posts: 8,423

Quote Originally Posted by KBanker View Post
    We arrive Saturday after many months of absence. I think we've got this!
    we arrive Saturday too. We went in May and it was great

SBH Member Joined: Dec 2020 Posts: 186

So basically nothing has changed yet...

Quote Originally Posted by TR561 View Post
    So basically nothing has changed yet...
    My guess is this will hold through the NYE period and the month of January. If all is still well after the holidays onslaught, there might be changes. Just my guess.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 7,827

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    My guess is this will hold through the NYE period and the month of January. If all is still well after the holidays onslaught, there might be changes. Just my guess.
    you correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all these constraints are coming from le Macron in Paree and not le Sherif in Gville. le Sherif would throw them all out right now. nest-ce pas ?
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

Could be he would, but why tempt fate. The islanders seem to have adapted to the changes and the island is about to blown wide open with the seasonal influx. Why not continue? Most of the island visitors have adjusted to masks, vaccination cards and even testing before entry. Seems a small price to pay for a visit to that special isle.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2004 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 3,560

Seems a small price to pay for a visit to that special isle.
    We will happily pony up in a few weeks with no complaints.

We are looking forward to jumping through necessary hoops to finally get back after 2 1/2 years...26 days and counting...starting to feel the tingle!!!
    Steve and Aimee

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 11,425

I suggest someone double check those "rules" posted at the top of this thread, I do not believe the red cross is free to test tourists and as I understand it, not free for unvaccinated residents as of 11/15 - someone please correct me if I am wrong, I have been in the States for six weeks and may not be up to date, but the prices for testing, although not all places are listed, are posted on the WIMCO and Tradewind site.. the site posted above is for a villa owner looking for rentals...for two very nice villas, at least one of which is in pointe milou, not sure about the newer one...

For comparison here is the WIMCO blog. It does seem the free tests are a thing of the past, but if you balk the price of Red Cross test you may be on the wrong island

https://www.wimco.com/vacation-trave...l-information/

SBH New Member Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 1

Does anyone know if the compelling reason rule is being enforced for non vaccinated visitors? We visited back in May with the same rules in place and it wasn’t being enforced at that time. We were never asked for documentation when we arrived by ferry. There’s conflicting information floating around on various web sites. It’s hard to know which is credible?

Interesting question.

a possible new wrinkle to come:

"Elisabeth Borne [ministre du travail] n'exclut pas la perte du pass sanitaire pour les personnes éligibles qui refuseraient la 3e dose"

Elisabeth Borne [Minister of Labor] does not exclude the loss of the health pass for eligible people who refuse the 3rd dose "

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 45,201

Elisabeth Borne [Minister of Labor] does not exclude the loss of the health pass for eligible people who refuse the 3rd dose "
    That's a lot of negatives. I assume 3rd dose is the booster.
    First time I have seen it mentioned here.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    First time I have seen it mentioned here.
    that's because it's hot off the press

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 45,201

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    that's because it's hot off the press
    If it wasn’t for John’s translation hardly anyone would know that.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    If it wasn’t for John’s translation hardly anyone would know that.
    I knew he wouldn't be able to resist. why spoil his fun ?

another hot off le journal this time: covid card no longer required on SBH for restos with less than50 person capacity. bon

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Saint Barth Posts: 11,425

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    another hot off le journal this time: covid card no longer required on SBH for restos with less than50 person capacity. bon
    good news for places like Au Regal, but if they create covid clusters the rule is bound to change again I would imagine...

Regulations adapted to the resumption of the season

The prefecture has amended the decree implementing health rules in Saint-Barthélemy. These changes imply, in particular, for establishments with a capacity of less than fifty people, the abolition of the health pass.
    If the wave of tourists has not yet swept over the island, the season has indeed started. At least with regard to the countless preparations in all the establishments. But in order for visitors to be greeted with serenity, the issue of sanitary measures must be clarified. This is the reason why the prefecture organized a meeting last Friday at the Hôtel de la Collectivité territoriale. A meeting in which tourism stakeholders participated, along with representatives of the gendarmerie, the airport, the port, the Tourism Committee and the Multi-professional Economic Chamber. The debates gave rise in particular to an important proposal: the establishment of a gauge increased to fifty people for establishments which receive the public

Easing sanitary measures for Saint-Barthélemy This suggestion was sent to the prefect of Saint-Martin and Saint-Barthélemy, Serge Gouteyron, who has since issued a favorable opinion. "This measure is adaptable to Saint-Barthélemy given the very low rate observed today," explained the prefect. This is exemplary, but we must continue to be vigilant, especially in view of the resumption of the season which will include many highlights. As a result, the decree that governs the sanitary restrictions in force on the island will be amended. For establishments whose maximum capacity does not exceed five people, the health pass will no longer be
    applied.

Customers must wear the mask until they are seated at their table and distancing measures will be observed. But no more question of pass or other proof to provide. On the other hand, for establishments with a maximum capacity of more than fifty people, the health pass remains in force until November 15, the official date of a potential lifting of health restrictions. At the same time, the order closing all establishments at midnight will also be lifted. If it has not yet been mentioned, the opening of clubs and night establishments should also be authorized very soon.

During the meeting on Friday, the exchanges between the "officials" and the actors of the tourism sector made it possible to clarify the situation. In particular on the application of the sanitary pass. "I think it is preferable, not only in terms of communication but also economically, to maintain the pass", declared the manager of a hotel. An opinion that its consumers and colleagues seem to share. Nevertheless, some will not have against a relaxation of controls. Particularly those carried out by the gendarmerie.

Do not "attack" the customers

On this point, a hotelier raises a delicate point: the perception by American tourists of a formal check carried out by officials in uniform. Because the representative of the gendarmerie confirmed during the meeting that his troops continue to
    The prefecture organized a large meeting on Friday, October 8, in the Hôtel de la Collectivité, which brought together all the tourism stakeholders on the island.

make it harder to carry out “surprise” checks directly with seated customers. A practice deemed unthinkable, because inappropriate, for hoteliers and restaurateurs. "At home, I hire six people to do the checks so I don't see why we should impose this perception of aggression on the customer with checks in the establishment, it is unacceptable", scolds a manager. The representative of the prefecture wants to be reassuring and declares: "If there is a security company, the gendarmerie will see with them, I think. But there will be controls. "

The concerns of professionals are based on recent experience feedback. Indeed, the somewhat cavalier attitude of the military during the checks carried out in recent weeks was not appreciated by the restorers. "When they arrive like cowboys and go directly to check the customers who are at the table, without even saying hello and introducing themselves, it is not possible", plague a restaurant owner. The prefecture is trying to temper the fears of its interlocutors. “In a short time, many people will arrive on the island, explains the representative of the prefect in Saint-Barthélemy.

There will be a lot of work on the other hand. Or, controls require a lot of resources. The message is clear: checks will take place but the rigor of each establishment will be much more effective than the passage of the gendarmes.

In the corridor that runs along the wedding hall of the Collectivity, where the meeting takes place, President Bruno Magras makes an appearance. He takes a look and continues on his way. “Why not just ask for a PCR test for tourists,” says a professional. It is much more reliable than an antigen, especially since there are a lot of fakes circulating. And even if the PCR is paid, it does not pose any problem for our customers. "The vast majority of tourists expected on the island having to prove a complete vaccination schedule at their place of departure, the question is ruled out.

Vaccination requested, not required

The discussions last a few minutes before the meeting is adjourned. In serenity. In fact, the directors of establishments display broad smiles. "We have already had time to organize ourselves to welcome our customers and our employees", underlines a
    hotelier. For employees, mainly seasonal workers, a complete vaccination schedule has been requested. "But not because required we do not have the right," said an official.
    "The season promises to be very positive over the next four months," confirms a hotel manager. The vast majority of our customers will be vaccinated. They send us supporting documents before their arrival. For the employees, we try to encourage as many people as possible to be vaccinated. "Seasonal workers who have just arrived from France, vaccinated or not, are forced to wear masks for at least" a few days ". For security purposes.
    As for the sanitary device intended for the comfort of customers, such as the presence of hydro-alcoholic gel in the suites or the complete disinfection of the rooms before their arrival, it will be present. "And this is something that we will keep afterwards because, ultimately, it allows the customer to enter a perfectly clean room", confides a director, who assures us: "We try to draw all the positive from the situation. "
    All that remains now is to fine-tune the final preparations before customers arrive.
    T.F.
    JSB - October 14, 2021 - n ° 1442
    NEWS
    DISCLOSURE OF IMPERIOUS REASONS
    BETWEEN ST-MARTIN AND ST-BARTH

The prefecture announced yesterday, Wednesday, October 13, in a press release that the obligation - for people not vaccinated against Covid - to take advantage of a compelling reason to travel between Saint-Martin, Saint-Barthélemy, Guadeloupe and Martinique was lifted. Consequence inherent in this decision, the disparity of the isolation of seven days. Vaccinated people, whether they arrive in Saint-Barth by sea or by air, must present their complete vaccination schedule. As for the unvaccinated, they must bring the result of a PCR test of less than 72 hours or antigen of less than 48 hours.

On the other hand, the compelling reasons are for unvaccinated travelers arriving in Saint-Barth from Sint-Maarten. They must therefore provide proof of a professional, personal or health reason. And submit to a seven-day self-isolation period. For vaccinated people, the presentation of their QR Code which confirms the vaccination will be requested.

Whether by sea or air, it is the transport companies that must carry out the checks on departure. Minors aged 12 to 17 are subject to the same provisions, except if they are accompanied by a vaccinated adult. The same goes for travel by sports clubs. Thus, each accompanying adult must provide proof of a complete vaccination or a negative test.
    It should be noted last Sunday, a gendarmerie operation organized on the arrival of the ferry, in Gustavia. Travelers were screened and, according to the prefecture, seven passengers who did not meet entry criteria were forced

Quote Originally Posted by elgreaux View Post
    good news for places like Au Regal

. . . le grain de sel, ti corail, le piment, etc

We applied for the QR code pass on some website we found a week ago and have not heard back...what are other people doing about acquiring the pass who are about to visit the island...confirming we can still get the pass on the island in the pharmacy??
    Steve and Aimee

Quote Originally Posted by shihadehs View Post
    We applied for the QR code pass on some website we found a week ago and have not heard back...what are other people doing about acquiring the pass who are about to visit the island...confirming we can still get the pass on the island in the pharmacy??

According to today's Le Journal it is no longer needed for restaurants of less than 50 seats.