Where are forum members going for the Covid test in the US?

Got CVS PCR test yesterday. They said 1-2 days when we made appt, but she said 2-3 after the test. Took antigen today at CVS and got it in half an hour and approved by sxm a day earlier than expected.
got PCR for accuracy, hopefully before the plane shuts its doors and we can run off if it’s positive.

Eve, just remember the reassuring words of one of our junior moderators (not Kevin). I'm sure they will help you "just get it done".

"Folks are traveling all over the world and figuring this out just fine.

If you want something bad enough, you just get it done."

Eve, just remember the reassuring words of one of our junior moderators (not Kevin). I'm sure they will help you "just get it done".

"Folks are traveling all over the world and figuring this out just fine.

If you want something bad enough, you just get it done."

exactly!

We're arriving 11/6 too, via SBC. Honestly, I think you're fine with the CVS PCR test on Wednesday, 11/3. You'll get the results in less than 2 days. I've traveled all over using this method and it's tried and true. CVS is really good about pushing the results. A family member of mine is high up at LabCorp. They process all of CVS` PCR tests. He told me they're doing a really good job of pushing the turnaround in a timely manner (48 hours).

We're arriving 11/6 too, via SBC. Honestly, I think you're fine with the CVS PCR test on Wednesday, 11/3. You'll get the results in less than 2 days. I've traveled all over using this method and it's tried and true. CVS is really good about pushing the results. A family member of mine is high up at LabCorp. They process all of CVS` PCR tests. He told me they're doing a really good job of pushing the turnaround in a timely manner (48 hours).
Careful with that. In May got it in exactly 48. I’ll know tomorrow how it goes. Very happy I got the antigen today and got it back in 45 minutes

We will be arriving via Tradewind on Saturday, 11/6. The testing is definitely giving me anxiety. Planning to schedule PCR testing on 11/3, with backup rapid antigen test on 11/4 or 11/5 at CVS. Any experience with rapid antigen tests at CVS?

We are also flying Tradewind November 6, on the early morning flight..
We are getting PCR Wednesday and antigen Thursday as a back up..
What flight are you taking??

Those of you who have recently been tested how far out did you schedule...I am wondering how hard or easy to get test..we need ours November 3 and 4

Depends on where you go. CVS only allows scheduling 13 days in advance. We have a medical lab here that offers guaranteed timed results for a fee and I could schedule tests for late November there.

Having trouble getting rapid test...my CVS says they are booked out 3 weeks...that makes no sense.
PCR is available though...

The CVS website allows you to check all their location near you and what tests are available at each. When I looked last night they were only allowing you to schedule 13 days. Yours may be operating differently though...

Do you have kids? Try your school nurse. I work in a school district (and actually supervise our Health Services) and our nurses are constantly sending people out for testing. They generally know what is available where and what the turn around time is. Or maybe your HR department at work, if you are in person and they are monitoring the health situation.

Our county health department partnered with Curative, who has drive thru testing all over the area. Looks like they have many places across the US. However, they are not doing the nasopharynx swab. But people seem to be getting through SXM with the anterior nasal tests. Here is the link: https://curative.com/

I apologize if this has already been answered, but can’t seem to find it. Does the test need to be performed no more than 72/48 hours. If our flight leaves on Sat at 1:10pm, would our test need to be on Wed/Thurs after 1:10pm or could it be anytime on those days?

So, I'm confused. If PCR is not required to get through SXM or to enter SBH, why are people going to such efforts to get it? Antigen tests are far more readily available, results come back in 15 minutes, and they are accepted by both SXM and SBH within 48 hours. Why add extra stress and difficulty when the answer seems straightforward?