Where are forum members going for the Covid test in the US?

From the date/time of the test. That's why getting the results in time is so critical.

It's 3 days. We traveled to St. Barts in August. Our flight was on Saturday and the earliest we could get the test was on Wednesday. It is not calculated on 72 hours exactly. We got our from our PCP and had the results back in two days. The eMed at home tests work great for returning.

We are overnighting in San Juan and taking early flight on Tradewind next morning..so we need test within 72 hours of morning departure on Tradewind?...does American require any testing to fly into San Juan?
Also assuming they check our test results upon entry into SBH when they check our passports?
Haven’t been to the island in a while and want to make sure we are jumping through all the hoops correctly

We went through SJ in May and overnighted.

Back then, there was a form you needed to fill out online to leave the SJU. You have to download your results. They have testers there just in case. US ARMY is checking the code on your phone at the door. If it is red you can’t leave. If it’s green, because you downloaded your results, you can leave.
I got it all done just before our plane took off We literally got our results as we sat on the plane to PR.
You can get into PR with no results, but if you don’t download them within 3 days they charge you $600. Maybe things changed since May.

CVS rapid antigen. Last time we were a little concerned because SXM requires the test to be done at an approved lab and we knew they had seen thousands of CVS tests so we went CVS. It was so convenient that we used again for Italy and will use later this month again for St Barth even though going through SJU. Heck, if taking a rapid antigen, the results are back so quickly that you can do the day before travel even

Abbott labs has an antigen test that is administered through their website eMed where your id is scanned and your are directed through the test. At the end a live person certifies the test and sends email confirmation. Requires a audio/video on your device. 25 minutes.

https://www.emed.com/
So this is considered a "home test"? At one point in time, I didn't think SXM allowed home tests even if video monitored (the US does allow certain ones) but that may have changed. I am not sure of whether SJU or SBH allow approved home tests or not.

Edit: Looks like St Barths does not accept home tests unless the results are processed through a lab. From Tradewind's website:

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

The government of St Barths considers a traveler fully vaccinated 1 week after the second shot of a double-injection vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca), 4 weeks after the shot of a single-injection vaccine (Johnson & Johnson), or 2 weeks after the first injection of a vaccine having previously had COVID-19.
COVID test results should be typed and clearly specify the name of the laboratory, test subject name, date of birth, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained. Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories/testing facilities will not be accepted. If your test result is in the form of a doctor’s letter or hand-written form, please contact the testing facility to obtain a proper lab document. At-home COVID test results will not be accepted unless the swab is processed through a lab.
Please note that if St Barths is not your final destination, you must comply with travel restrictions and protocols in place at your final destination. In-transit passengers in St Barths do not need to meet the St Barths entry requirements as long as they do not leave the terminal in St Barths between flights.

At-home COVID test results will not be accepted unless the swab is processed through a lab.

Thank you for posting this! We were considering a home test but then thought it wouldn't work. A co-worker has used Pixel where you mail in the sample. Has anyone done one of these for SBH?

Recently did a Walgreens test due to a work related exposure to covid. Results took SIX days!! I thought for sure they were lost and did another test after waiting five days. I have heard from others that this is not unusual for Walgreens.

So this is considered a "home test"? At one point in time, I didn't think SXM allowed home tests even if video monitored (the US does allow certain ones) but that may have changed. I am not sure of whether SJU or SBH allow approved home tests or not.

Edit: Looks like St Barths does not accept home tests unless the results are processed through a lab. From Tradewind's website:

OTHER REQUIREMENTS:

The government of St Barths considers a traveler fully vaccinated 1 week after the second shot of a double-injection vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca), 4 weeks after the shot of a single-injection vaccine (Johnson & Johnson), or 2 weeks after the first injection of a vaccine having previously had COVID-19.
COVID test results should be typed and clearly specify the name of the laboratory, test subject name, date of birth, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained. Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories/testing facilities will not be accepted. If your test result is in the form of a doctor’s letter or hand-written form, please contact the testing facility to obtain a proper lab document. At-home COVID test results will not be accepted unless the swab is processed through a lab.
Please note that if St Barths is not your final destination, you must comply with travel restrictions and protocols in place at your final destination. In-transit passengers in St Barths do not need to meet the St Barths entry requirements as long as they do not leave the terminal in St Barths between flights.

From the eMed site:

Only with eMed can an individual taking a COVID-19 rapid antigen home test abroad receive CDC-accepted electronic documentation suitable for U.S. reentry. At $25 per test, plus shipping fees and taxes, the Home Test available at eMed.com is the most affordable, high-quality, and convenient rapid antigen test with validated results available to travelers.
The eMed-administered test is a simple, self-administered test, supervised virtually by an eMed Certified Guide who oversees sample collection, the testing process and certified results reporting during a telehealth visit. If a test result is negative, the user receives a validated digital lab report to their email and a digital health pass in an app on their smart device.

We've used this company extensively over the past year, and we've consistently had RT-PCR results within under 24 hours. They aren't cheap, but money well spent, IMO. If you're paying with insurance, results take a bit longer.

They have locations all over the US now, but originally started in the Los Angeles market before expanding out to the DC Metro and then going nationwide.

https://www.sameday-testing.com/

As for the tests, I will have to check my local CVS but people around here swear by a particular health clinic place that is reliable so I might do both, just to make sure that one of them comes back in time.

More math questions: If we are to arrive in SXM/SBH on Jan. 31 but depart on Jan. 30 (red eye from SAN-MIA Jan. 30-31 and MIA-SXM-SBH Jan. 31) it seems to me that to be 72 hours compliant, we would have to have our tests on Jan. 28, a Friday. Then as soon as those tests come back, we would have to do the EHAS pass and hope it comes back super fast...I am definitely concerned, coming from so far away, as that is a weekend, and it seems I could not do it earlier than the 28th. Apparently, the PCR tests come back to your email, so do you convert the email to a document somehow to upload to your EHAS form, as well as printing a paper copy you keep with you?

I have some questions about the proof of vaccination that is acceptable: is your little vaccination card acceptable as proof if you take a photo and upload it that way to the EHAS form (as well as having the original with you), or do you have to download something from the places you were vaccinated, like a hospital or drug store to prove each vaccination?

Sorry if those questions have been answered (I really did read all of the latest info and checked the govt. website of Sint Maarten, the French govt. website, etc.) but I must have missed those details about whether you need some sort of QR code to prove vaccination, too. I think our hospital displays your QR code on your digital chart but I do not think the Rite Aid does.

Then, the health pass may or may not be in effect when we get there (betting it is), but are people applying through the French govt. site for one before arriving in SBH?

Thanks in advance and please excuse my technical ignorance!

If results take two days and you want result day before travel and you overnight in SJU, then your test is invalid upon reaching SBH. That’s some BS.

Hence the anxiety!!!

I had to show my EHAS before my domestic flight/overnight so I had 48 hours to take the test, get results, submit and get approval. This may have changed.

Recently did a Walgreens test due to a work related exposure to covid. Results took SIX days!! I thought for sure they were lost and did another test after waiting five days. I have heard from others that this is not unusual for Walgreens.

That's my fear 😨

From the eMed site:

Only with eMed can an individual taking a COVID-19 rapid antigen home test abroad receive CDC-accepted electronic documentation suitable for U.S. reentry. At $25 per test, plus shipping fees and taxes, the Home Test available at eMed.com is the most affordable, high-quality, and convenient rapid antigen test with validated results available to travelers.
The eMed-administered test is a simple, self-administered test, supervised virtually by an eMed Certified Guide who oversees sample collection, the testing process and certified results reporting during a telehealth visit. If a test result is negative, the user receives a validated digital lab report to their email and a digital health pass in an app on their smart device.

US has been pretty liberal in what they will allow from the beginning and allows a couple of "home tests" (I think I remember reading there were 3 approved for re-entry to the US somewhere but not sure). I was referring to entry into St Barths which I think is the gist of this thread. According to the Tradewind page it looks like it isn't allowed. I don't know for sure, which is why I posted the language on their page. As always best to reach out to your airline/villa owner or agency/hotel and reading the official Country websites, but even that has yielded bad info at times. The airline seems to be the only one that checks the COVID test results from my experience so whatever they do really will determine if you are allowed entry or not. Many on here have been talking about "home tests" for a while and I think people need to be sure they will be allowed before using them.

As for the tests, I will have to check my local CVS but people around here swear by a particular health clinic place that is reliable so I might do both, just to make sure that one of them comes back in time.

More math questions: If we are to arrive in SXM/SBH on Jan. 31 but depart on Jan. 30 (red eye from SAN-MIA Jan. 30-31 and MIA-SXM-SBH Jan. 31) it seems to me that to be 72 hours compliant, we would have to have our tests on Jan. 28, a Friday. Then as soon as those tests come back, we would have to do the EHAS pass and hope it comes back super fast...I am definitely concerned, coming from so far away, as that is a weekend, and it seems I could not do it earlier than the 28th. Apparently, the PCR tests come back to your email, so do you convert the email to a document somehow to upload to your EHAS form, as well as printing a paper copy you keep with you?

I have some questions about the proof of vaccination that is acceptable: is your little vaccination card acceptable as proof if you take a photo and upload it that way to the EHAS form (as well as having the original with you), or do you have to download something from the places you were vaccinated, like a hospital or drug store to prove each vaccination?

Sorry if those questions have been answered (I really did read all of the latest info and checked the govt. website of Sint Maarten, the French govt. website, etc.) but I must have missed those details about whether you need some sort of QR code to prove vaccination, too. I think our hospital displays your QR code on your digital chart but I do not think the Rite Aid does.

Then, the health pass may or may not be in effect when we get there (betting it is), but are people applying through the French govt. site for one before arriving in SBH?

Thanks in advance and please excuse my technical ignorance!
The EHAS results come back pretty quickly. Usually within a few hours or less. If you don't get results just submit again seems to be the theme from many who weren't getting results back

I like to have both a printed copy and electronic copy of my negative test result. When I get the email I download the attachment to my phone and also print it so I have both. The US airlines are all fine with either. I can't remember if at SXM they had a preference of one or the other. If pulling up an email you may need wifi so downloading better if you can.

For the EHAS form just take a picture of vaccination card and upload it. For entry to restos on St Barths I can't say for sure what is accepted since this wasn't in place in July but in Italy we just carried our vaccination card everywhere we went and that and a photo id allowed entry. There is discussion on here somewhere about an app which I'm sure works as well. I downloaded the app but haven't yet uploaded my info to it and may not bother.

Abbott labs has an antigen test that is administered through their website eMed where your id is scanned and your are directed through the test. At the end a live person certifies the test and sends email confirmation. Requires a audio/video on your device. 25 minutes.

"Comme annoncé par Emmanuel Macron le 12 juillet dernier, c’est à compter du 15 octobre que les tests de dépistage du Covid-19 seront désormais payants et non plus pris en charge par l’Assurance maladie. À partir de cette date butoir également, les autotests réalisés sous la supervision d’un professionnel de santé ne seront plus reconnus comme preuve pour obtenir un pass sanitaire."

starting this friday, this seems to spell the end of self tests performed under the supervision of a medical professional being accepted for purposes of CC (CovidCard).

"Comme annoncé par Emmanuel Macron le 12 juillet dernier, c’est à compter du 15 octobre que les tests de dépistage du Covid-19 seront désormais payants et non plus pris en charge par l’Assurance maladie. À partir de cette date butoir également, les autotests réalisés sous la supervision d’un professionnel de santé ne seront plus reconnus comme preuve pour obtenir un pass sanitaire."

starting this friday, this seems to spell the end of self tests performed under the supervision of a medical professional being accepted for purposes of CC (CovidCard).

This article has more details on that: https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/202110...e-covid-tests-to-promote-vaccination-campaign
For the French tests are paid if the person is non-vaccinated. For Americans in SBH the tests were always paid.

We will be arriving via Tradewind on Saturday, 11/6. The testing is definitely giving me anxiety. Planning to schedule PCR testing on 11/3, with backup rapid antigen test on 11/4 or 11/5 at CVS. Any experience with rapid antigen tests at CVS?