Where are forum members going for the Covid test in the US?

amsmulko

SBH Insider
Hey!

Last December it was a bit of mess to get my test results within the 72h window. What is everyone doing?
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Re: Where are forum members going for Covid test in the US?

We will be using CVS

We are going down in a few weeks...I have already investigated testing places near us. CVS offers testing as well as other pharmacies. We are planning on getting PCR test as well as the antigen test .....its been 2 1/2 years since we have been there and want to make sure we are good to go...

Re: CVS and Walgreens
I was under the impression they can't guarentee PCR results for 3-5 days.

Thanks!!!

I am also interested in this question. Like others we are planning on a large drugstore chain.

Because our schools require testing for close contacts to return to class, we’ve noted that the quickest turn around is from CVS and RiteAid. Doctor’s office have been the slowest. The county health department indicated it’s lab back ups.

I get that in theory you can get the results back with 1-2 days from Walgreens/CVS but I think their stated policy is 3-5.

If I couldn't get them in time I couldn't recreate our travel plans for a day later (purchasing winair/sbc tickets at the last minute, etc.).

I heard from a friend on the island that this season will be super busy starting at the beginning of Nov. I'm going Dec 3rd so my experience of what options I have if I don't receive the results back in time are limited.

Last year I took 2 tests to have a better probability of getting my results back. One result came back just in the nick of time - the other result came back 4 hours after my entry into SBH.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
When we were there in August, we took a PCR test at our local drive through testing site 3 days prior and followed it up with a rapid test the day prior to departure. We will be doing the same in a few weeks. The airlines are still in too much of a mess not to plan for a delay that would make our PCR tests too old.

I get that in theory you can get the results back with 1-2 days from Walgreens/CVS but I think their stated policy is 3-5. into SBH.

CVS latest policy is 1-2 days. I just made our appointments for next Wednesday for the PCR test, and will let them know that we leave Saturday and really need the results quickly. You can make your appointment on their website.

Phil

If results take two days and you want result day before travel and you overnight in SJU, then your test is invalid upon reaching SBH. That’s some BS.

Abbott labs has an antigen test that is administered through their website eMed where your id is scanned and your are directed through the test. At the end a live person certifies the test and sends email confirmation. Requires a audio/video on your device. 25 minutes.

https://www.emed.com/

If results take two days and you want result day before travel and you overnight in SJU, then your test is invalid upon reaching SBH. That’s some BS.
Folks are traveling all over the world and figuring this out just fine.

If you want something bad enough, you just get it done.

Folks are traveling all over the world and figuring this out just fine.

My secretary flew to Canada a few weeks ago. She got her test at CVS and had a back up appointment for a $200 guaranteed in 30 minutes one. Got the CVS results in a day and cancelled the other appointment.