Bonito Boss

JEK

Senior Insider
IMG_5129.jpeg

Just went to make a reservation at Bonito for our first night on the island -- a tradition of ours going back to when it opened (and technically to its predecessors). I see they've now added the dreaded "no show" clause to reservations, and also something I've never heard of before -- a charge of 150 Euros for a "short show." What in the world is a "short show"?

Sadly, the document they sent reads far more like an aggressively terse legal document than a warm welcome to one of our favorite restaurants.... :-(

Just went to make a reservation at Bonito for our first night on the island -- a tradition of ours going back to when it opened (and technically to its predecessors). I see they've now added the dreaded "no show" clause to reservations, and also something I've never heard of before -- a charge of 150 Euros for a "short show." What in the world is a "short show"?

Sadly, the document they sent reads far more like an aggressively terse legal document than a warm welcome to one of our favorite restaurants.... :-(
I would imagine a 'short show" is making a reservation for 4 and showing up 'short" with just 2 ppl.

Bonito has long had the problem of rushing the earlier seating folks. Kinda jacks with the va-cay vibe. I've had to wrestle control of my evening from the wait staff a few times.

Dennis, we have had that problem there as well. We are determined to set the pace ourselves next time we dine at Bonito (we do love the restaurant) by not ordering apps until cocktails are over, etc...

I would imagine a 'short show" is making a reservation for 4 and showing up 'short" with just 2 ppl.

That makes sense (well, at least in terms of explanation). But it's a really crummy policy if a patron books for 4 people and only one has to drop out. In that case, it's a figurative gun to the head of the people looking to have a nice night out.

I liked it when the resto had a pad on the front door and one wrote their name and desired time . . . . Thinking of Sapotillier!

Have been on the fence with Bonito after past visits...this policy has pushed us over...too many other better choices