Let the Sh..t show begin!

krand1

SBH Insider
Has anyone stayed at Sunset Hotel in Gustavia? Due to a schedule change/cancellation by JetBlue in March, 2022 :grin1:we are trying to find a one night accomodation in St. Barths before moving into the villa we rented. The timing is not ideal because it is the Friday before the next week's Bucket and the inquiries I have sent out have not been successful. Either they say the hotel is booked or they won't do a one night stay, or we could stay at Guanahani for 1,800 euros (not happening). We have done this in the past with little trouble. Times they are a changing. Sunset Hotel is the only place that have given a positive reply thus far. It has to be better than the San Juan Airport Hotel right?

Many Forum members have stayed there and liked it. Clean with a view and a good restaurant on the street level. I imagine it would be sold out at bucket time.

One-night stays in season have been hard to come by for a while - most especially at Bucket time as JEK says.. if the Sunset has a room, I'd take it, fun to be in center of town for a night I'd think...

Has anyone stayed at Sunset Hotel in Gustavia? Due to a schedule change/cancellation by JetBlue in March, 2022 :grin1:we are trying to find a one night accomodation in St. Barths before moving into the villa we rented. The timing is not ideal because it is the Friday before the next week's Bucket and the inquiries I have sent out have not been successful. Either they say the hotel is booked or they won't do a one night stay, or we could stay at Guanahani for 1,800 euros (not happening). We have done this in the past with little trouble. Times they are a changing. Sunset Hotel is the only place that have given a positive reply thus far. It has to be better than the San Juan Airport Hotel right?

I recommend that you grab whatever Sunset offers, if it’s willing to help you with a “one night stand” in the circumstances. As a former hotel owner on the island, I will attest to the difficulty of accommodating weekend, single night occupancies . . . most extraordinarily at very busy times such as The Bucket. In this environment, The Sunset offers great value, thrifty accommodations, & photo worthy sunsets! Go for it, before you lose the offer!

Eve?

We've stayed there for a single night the past two visits. Nothing fancy, but a nice place to set down for the night. We usually stop next door for dinner at Le Repaire and then wander around Gustavia taking in the activity. Really like having a night in town without worrying about driving back at night, although it might have encouraged one too many Ti Punches. No onsite parking, is a problem, but this past May, we had our villa rep (SiBarth) pick us up at the airport and drop us off at the Sunset. Since the hotel is across from the ferry terminal, Odile was only too happy meet us there the next morning with our Jimny.

Thanks everyone! The Christopher ended up being able to offer us a room so that's what we're doing. Kind of a repeat of what we did in 2019, the last time we were on island. So excited. I am thinking maybe this trip might actually happen:pray1:. Good to know about Sunset Hotel...we had never heard of it before and could be an option for future "one-night stands". Grateful to JetBlue for managing to work it out so we have 10 nights now versus 9. Not such a sh..t show after all!:biglaugh:

Good to know about Sunset Hotel...we had never heard of it before and could be an option for future "one-night stands".

Surprising that you have never heard of it, you drive past every time you come into Gustavia via Public!

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 6.03.51 PM.jpg

Perhaps you have heard of the downstairs resto?

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 6.07.40 PM.jpg

Le Repaire is actually not in the same buidling - upstairs from Le Repaire is the Shipchandlery and some apartments... the hotel is a little further along....

We have made staying at the Sunset Hotel for one night on the front end of our trip an annual tradition. We always rent the same villa with another couple for a week usually in January. Given you basically lose most of the first day to travel, we fly in on Friday, get one of the rooms on the railing and enjoy some wine and cheese before strolling into town for dinner at Eddy's. We wake up the next morning, do our grocery and wine shopping for the villa, and settle in before our friends arrive. It is a great and economical way to add a day to the trip and enjoy a different experience from the villa. The only thing I would suggest is making sure you play some white noise on your phone while sleeping as the scooters and delivery trucks in the morning can be loud. We've never had an issue with finding a parking spot in town for the night but you do have to work at it. We've never had a problem getting a room other than around the Bucket on visits in March. Love the spot and the hospitality.

Love the Sunset!!!
Just haven’t stayed there in a few years because the stairs hurt my sister’s hip.