Vaccinated and arriving

at Maya’s spot? I suspected by the rumor mill…

Eve . . . I'm not sure where you were in the "Maya's vs. no-Maya's" camp, so am unsure if you know the turnoff from the main road that went down to Maya's Restaurant. In any event, just before that turn to the left -- assuming that you're coming up from Public -- Franck's business ("Chef's Market") is on the right. Primarily wholesale, he welcomes individuals, as well.

we always have lobster for thanksgiving, so grilled langouste an easy island substitute. and turkey defies happy wine pairing. always content with a nice white burgundy with grilled langouste :nerd:
Brilliant! My favorite thing and I hate turkey..we should follow your tradition! Thank you for sharing!

we always have lobster for thanksgiving, so grilled langouste an easy island substitute. and turkey defies happy wine pairing. always content with a nice white burgundy with grilled langouste :nerd:

Our family of 4 will be there for Thanksgiving this year too...and we've been getting in the habit of non-traditional Thanksgivings and will definitely be thinking non-turkey for dinner. :up: I'm contemplating Fouquet's or Atelier Joel Robuchon for that Thursday...

And also reading LeNews to see what restaurants are celebrating our Thanksgiving holiday with special dinners.

We too, will be there for Thanksgiving. We always are on the Island in February, and still have our trip scheduled for then. Decided to take this earlier trip because of what happened this year when our trip was cancelled this past February. Remembering how cases went so crazy after Christmas and New Years, we are little apprehensive about what might happen early in 2022. From what I understood, a lot of the cases that were brought in, were from the visitors who came in on yachts,etc, because they were not checked for testing results. Does anyone know how this is being handled now? When boats arrive are passengers required to show test results? Probably should just take one trip at a time, but have been curious about this for awhile. Sounds like there will be lots of happy people on the Island for Thanksgiving. We so missed our happy place and can’t wait to get back. Thanks to all for keeping us in the loop to Island happenings.

YES, Jim! The lease / improvements were bought in a deal that closed early September, & it will be operated by Eden Rock . . . dual purpose: (a) continuing as a great “to go” option & (b) as a kitchen to serve expanding needs of clients of “Eden Rock Villas.” Everyone’s happy!
Thanks that is great. Hope I can afford the "to go" sandwiches!!!

You may remember the owner/operator - Franck Mathevet of Wall House & Le Carré fame. During the holidays he imports all types of special foods and treats.
Really loved Le Carré and Franck! Does he have a current restaurant as well as the Chef’s Market? Do they have prepared take out food at his Market?

Really loved Le Carré and Franck! Does he have a current restaurant as well as the Chef’s Market? Do they have prepared take out food at his Market?

DM, I have talked with Franck about this. In his opinion, he cannot have a business which sells to chefs, while at the same time having a business which competes with them. However, who knows what tomorrow brings for opportunities.

Chef's Market, in my experience, does not have prepared foods.

Congrats! We thought we would be the only ones :blush-smile:... We are due back Mid Oct. usually never away for more than six months, the withdrawals are real! Two years since touching ground and this has been our longest time away in over fifteen years.

I’am currently trying to navigate through the hurdles of using two year old credits! Airfare,Villa etc.
If all goes well we will be spending Easter 2022 back on our favorite island

Thank you so much, Kevin, for the info. I love his restaurants but hopefully this keeps him in business on the island, so we can hope one day, perhaps he will be able to open another. I am sure the restaurant business was very difficult the last few years but he is a wonderful chef, too!