Outdoor Restaurants

abc

SBH Insider
If the stars align and we can get our booster vaccinations, we will be heading to St Barts this November. At home we have only been dining at restaurants with outdoor seating. I am wondering what are some of your favorite St Barts restaurants that would provide “safe” oudoor seating with open air and tables separated by social distancing. Many of our old favorites seemed to have only indoor seating.

My favorites — with good table spacing & “outdoor” settings — are Zion, L’Esprit, La Langouste, Santa Fe, & the pool area of Villa Marie (lunch only).

Sounds good that November trip! First, I think with the new pass sanitaire, proof of vaccination, that distancing is no longer practiced.
in terms of outdoor, as you know, most are very open air, excluding L’Isola and perhaps a few others. I can’t think of any that don’t at least have a roof overhead. Of course many of our open air places are really tents with side flaps. Others may have more ideas for you.

We had no problem in May finding places, and have no doubt we will find some in 3 weeks

Well, there are restaurants, many, who claim that they are outdoors so that they can allow smoking. One or two open walls is not outdoors to me. For true outdoors, there are the garden tables at Tamarin, Le Select, the garden tables at Eddy's, maybe Le Jardin, Rivyera (the new restaurant at Le Chris), L'Esprit, Nikki Beach, Shellona, maybe Cheval Blanc/IDF, maybe whatever Eden Rock calls their restaurant this year, and maybe a few more.

Here’s one rafts wide open and outdoor!
4EC4E535-9B6B-4BC5-9F93-76A7ADD61966.jpg

Few other options to add to the list:

- Bonito (request a seat next to any of the windows when you make your reservation)

- Fouquet's in the Carl Gustaf (request outdoor seating)

- Aux Amis in Le Barthelemy (request outdoor seating)

- Bagatelle (request outdoor seating)

- For a casual lunch/meal, you can always stop by La Creperie (outdoor seating available) or Bar de L'Oubli (open on three sides).

Thank you for the suggestions. Looking on line at some of the restaurants shows that many have open sides and even one of our favorites, Orega, seem to have open outdoor seating

Orega has a removable roof that is retracted during clear evenings. A quaint leftover from Le Sapotillier. Even on rainy evenings they do have a few tables on the windows.

3CD5B053-ED74-4BCD-BC42-B6AB271D24D8.jpeg

We feel the same, Gina. We adored the baby turbot, among other things at Le Sapotillier. However, we are huge Orega fans...Greg and his staff are amazing hosts, not to mention the outstanding menu. You and DD will have to check it out in January!

We feel the same, Gina. We adored the baby turbot, among other things at Le Sapotillier. However, we are huge Orega fans...Greg and his staff are amazing hosts, not to mention the outstanding menu. You and DD will have to check it out in January!
So happy to know this! It is definitely on the list!! Wish you would be there, though!