The Avett Brothers - Thursday, Friday and Saturday

JEK

Senior Insider
Great show last night at Wolf Trap with a packed house. The Avett Brothers like to please their fans by doing 3 nights in a row and varying the setlist up each night. Off to a great start last night with another show tonight and a private concert for the annual Wolf Trap Ball on Saturday. Only 500 in attendance for that performance after a festive dinner party. Celebrity sighting last night - Renée Fleming in the Encore Circle lounge after the show!

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4797.jpeg

IMG_5207.jpeg

Image 9-24-21 at 8.48 AM.jpeg

I prefer "Americana." Not a fan of pop C&W but some of the best new (by my definition) artists are in the Folk/Americana genre. See also the Felice Brothers...

That works for me!

I’m dressed for night two - a different plaid shirt:tongue:

You got STYLE, John.
The STYLE for the Gala Ball is going to be fun. Standby for my outfit! Susie has said she doesn’t want to be photographed with me:thinking1:
Due to the, you know, we are taking a relaxed and distanced approach to the event, including avoiding the tux and tie look!

The problem with the ladies looks is that it will be in the 50s when the Ball begins!

1D6D97EA-7000-4B7A-8747-65ABCA1E6483.jpg

Big Avett Brothers fan here. A bit jealous of you, iDude; Seeing them live is a Bucket List item. Have you seen “May it Last: Portrait of the Avett Brothers” (2018)?

marybeth: I dig your festival attire.

Have only seen the Avett Brothers on a PBS series when they were guests, A Chef's Life, dining somewhere in NC, but not at Vivian Howard's The Chef & the Farmer. Will have to pay more attention to them !