More Health Pass protests?

andynap

Senior Insider
942CA841-CE6E-401E-80F7-FC93C710BEAA.jpeg

I wish I hadn't seen this. We are a little more than 4 months away from our first visit since February of 2020 and stories like this add to my anxiety.

I hear you!

what doesn’t square with this is the end of Kevin’s most recent ARS update

As of September 14, 6,398 people have received their first injection, 5,355 people have received their second injection and 17 people have received their third injection. ,

63.20% of the population (over 12 years old) of Saint-Barthélemy has received at least one dose of vaccine since the campaign was launched last January.

For those over 18, the vaccination coverage rate is 76.26%.

The ARS director states 85% of hospital personnel and 92% of Ehpad personnel are vaccinated. She doesn’t provide numbers for practitioners outside of those settings.

Toutefois, la directrice de l’Agence régionale de santé affiche sa sérénité. “Les taux de vaccination au sein de l’hôpital et de l’Ehpad sont de 85% et 92%, précise-t-elle. Par conséquent, les non vaccinés sont à la marge.”

https://www.journaldesaintbarth.com...e-sur-la-methode-nationale--202109232044.html

The ARS director states 85% of hospital personnel and 92% of Ehpad personnel are vaccinated. She doesn’t provide numbers for practitioners outside of those settings.

Toutefois, la directrice de l’Agence régionale de santé affiche sa sérénité. “Les taux de vaccination au sein de l’hôpital et de l’Ehpad sont de 85% et 92%, précise-t-elle. Par conséquent, les non vaccinés sont à la marge.”

https://www.journaldesaintbarth.com...e-sur-la-methode-nationale--202109232044.html

So how come there 14 cases at the EPHAD last week and one death among those?

Today’s Le Journal:

A demonstration that did not gather

On Saturday October 2, just over 20 people marched in the streets of GustavIa. A demonstration organized, like the three previous Saturdays, to protest against the health pass and the vaccination requirement. This Saturday, October 2, the attendance was therefore much less than at previous gatherings. More than 300 people walked through Gustavia, from the fish market to the forecourt of the Collectivity on Saturday, September 18 (JSB1439). A week later, on Saturday 25, there were a hundred participants in a predinner protest on the forecourt of the captainerie (JSB1440). Only the most motivated and convinced, it seems, took part in the march of October 2 which led them from the fish market to the sub-prefecture. For now, no movement has been announced for this weekend

image2.jpeg

The numbers as they say are moving in the right direction.

Some of those in opposition to the mandates and pass sanitaire have made their views known publicly.
We have no data of which I’m aware to suggest that they’ve changed their point of view.

Literally true here. When a cause loses momentum, the walk becomes that much harder.

Literally true here. When a cause loses momentum, the walk becomes that much harder.

Martinique and Guadeloupe are literally on fire over pass sanitaire and vaccine mandates. Macron considering giving those islands more administrative freedom.
Doubt this will go unnoticed by wily shérif.
At any rate, best I can tell from reports, enforcement on Saint-Barth full of holes.
À suivre…

John’s tip indeed does work and it appears there are many factors at play on the DOM.