Rivyera St Barth

andynap

Senior Insider
7C09BF67-6587-4CF1-BD63-15BF1383C05F.jpeg

Re: Riviera St Barth

Capture d’écran 2021-09-22 à 7.52.13 AM.jpg

another "signature" chef. how many does that make now on SBH ?

Faye is chef des cuisines at the beautiful le Chèvre d'Or in Èze

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch while in France. Looking forward to this change at the Christopher.

yes the new name is RIVYERA

now they need to change the name of the villas: Nina, Pinta, and Maria.. shades of Christopher Columbus...
they should give them French Riviera names now....!

This is the on-site chef:
[FONT=&quot]MATHIS LARRODE[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In 2016, chef Mathis Larrode joined La Chèvre d’Or, and that is where he met executive chef Arnaud Faye.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They built a close relationship, as Arnaud Faye helped Mathis Larrode evolve while working at his side for five years, sharing his art and his exactitude. Larrode rose through the ranks, rung by rung, until he was named sous-chef at this two-star Michelin restaurant two years ago.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the summer of 2021, Arnaud Faye asked Mathis Larrode to join him in his challenging new project, and put him in charge of the kitchens at the five-star Hotel Christopher in Saint Barthélémy.[/FONT]

Apparently. I think that the price of lunch just went up.

View attachment 59053

Looks like the two restaurants (“Mango” — at the outdoor, poolside bar; & “Christo,” the rather formal interior, nighttime dining room) now are going to use the same name.

Info on Chef’s is impressive:
[h=2]Arnaud Faye[/h]Arnaud Faye began his career in such renowned restaurants as Antoine Westermann’s Buerehiesel and the Relais Bernard Loiseau (3 stars in the Michelin Guide). In 2007, he became the chef at Espadon at The Ritz in Paris. Two years later, the restaurant earned its second Michelin star. In early 2011, Arnaud Faye joined the Mandarin Oriental Paris, which was honored with two Michelin stars less than one year after it opened.A new challenge presented itself in 2012: Faye became the head chef at the soon-to-open five-star Auberge du Jeu de Paume. The gourmet restaurant was awarded its first Michelin star six months after it opened and its second the next year. The Auberge du Jeu de Paume was also awarded the Grand Prix Villegiature in October 2013 as Best Restaurant in Europe.In 2016, Arnaud Faye was named executive chef at the Relais & Châteaux five-star hotel Chateau de La Chèvre d’Or, an iconic address on the Côte d’Azur and a member of Les Grandes Tables du Monde. Here, he has maintained two stars in the Michelin Guide for their gourmet restaurant since he first arrived, and since 2018 has obtained four toques in the Gault & Millau Guide. Arnaud Faye was honored in 2019 with the prestigious status as Meilleur Ouvrier de France.He discovered St Barthélemy and The Hotel Christopher when he served as patron chef for the Saint Barth Gourmet Festival in 2019. There was instant chemistry, a special connection that developed into a new project, RIVYERA, in 2021. More than just a restaurant, it’s a morning-to-night experience based on the charm of the French Riviera.

[h=2]Mathis Larrode[/h]In 2016, chef Mathis Larrode joined La Chèvre d’Or, and that is where he met executive chef Arnaud Faye.They built a close relationship, as Arnaud Faye helped Mathis Larrode evolve while working at his side for five years, sharing his art and his exactitude. Larrode rose through the ranks, rung by rung, until he was named sous-chef at this two-star Michelin restaurant two years ago.In the summer of 2021, Arnaud Faye asked Mathis Larrode to join him in his challenging new project, and put him in charge of the kitchens at the five-star Hotel Christopher in Saint Barthélémy.

When I had two good knees I was able to walk to the top of Eze. My thought? It was wonderful and boy was glad I was not the Eze UPS guy.